f o u r t e e n

"Babysitter?" The blond teen scoffed as he looked deep into Frankie's eyes

"Babysitter?" The blond teen scoffed as he looked deep into Frankie's eyes. His eyes were dark and sinister. She could feel shivers roll down her spine but just frowned in disgust at his scoff.

"Yeah, babysitter." She glared back at him. Frankie knew that she couldn't take this two hundred pound meathead, so anything to distract him for a little while longer until Steve came back was what she was really focussed on. She didn't want to depend on Steve but this guy was a violent person and she had noodle arms. If chatting about their day and what color his car was could gain her a few extra minutes before all hell broke loose, that's what Frankie would do.

"I don't think Susan hired any babysitter, did she Maxine? I would have known, especially if she looked the way you did. Maybe I would have asked you to babysit me instead." His last two sentences directed towards Frankie. He sent her a charming smile, and if this was a few days ago, she would have probably felt her heart stop at the sight of his pearly whites. But, she was a new person now who was tired and done with everyone's shit and really only wanted to see the goofy smile of the boy who was laying in the dirt outside the front door. Rolling her eyes at his attempts at flirting, she just shook her head with a deadpanned look in her eyes. She couldn't believe this douche nozzle; he just beat up her Steve, broke into the house they were in, called Max a bitch and had the audacity to try to get up on her.

"In your dreams, Mullet."

"Oh, now I have a new reason to go to sleep at night. And it's Billy, I'm sure you'll be saying that a lot soon." Hearing a small gag from behind her, Frankie smirked over her shoulder at the sight of all the kids with grimaces on their faces.

"I'd really love to stay and chat sweetheart, but we've got to go." He said with a suddenly deeper voice that Frankie assumed meant business. Feeling the already tense air start to reach a scary climb, Frankie knew that she would have to fight Max's brother tooth and nail just to keep her here and safe.

"You just got here Billy, what's the rush?" She said nervously while pressing her hand subtly back in the air to calm the children behind her. Hoping they understood not to intervene, she kept on talking trying to delay the inevitable.

"I mean if you really have to go, I can bring Max home in a bit. It's just that we're waiting for Ms Byers to come back with food and once Max eats she'll basically already be back home safe in her bed. My car is right outside and it wouldn't be any trouble to take her back. If you need me to, I'll call your parents and let them know what's going on. I really think that-"

"Stop!" Billy shouted with a raise of his hand, instantly making Frankie's mouth shut. He shook his head with an annoyed look and let out a sigh through his nose.

"It's better if we just leave now. Come on." Moving his finger in a come here motion, he whistled to get the point across. Frankie swallowed as he acted like Max was a small dog he could boss around and bend and shape to his will. She knew that it was a matter of time before things began to get physical so she rolled her shoulders back getting ready.