f i f t e e n

Frankie gripped the steering wheel tightly between her hands

Frankie gripped the steering wheel tightly between her hands. She knew once Steve came back to life, he'd throw a fit that she was driving the kids into the eye of the storm, but that wasn't what she was worried about. She had no qualms about leaving the house, Billy's probably still unconscious body was still there and she didn't want to be anywhere near the area when he woke up.

What she was worried about were those monsters still being out there and the only thing she had to protect herself, the kids, and an unconscious seventeen year old boy was a nail bat and some gasoline. Not the most ideal items to have in a time like this, but what was Frankie supposed to do, go to a monster hunting store? Yeah, right.

"Just keep going straight!" Max yelled from beside the teen. Frankie just nodded and kept her eyes on the road. She didn't want to accidentally run someone over, but she doubted any sane person was running around this late only people like her and the rest of the kids.

Taking a quick glance towards the back at a still unconscious Steve, Frankie felt guilty at the events that had transpired. If she hadn't gotten knocked out by Billy the second time, Steve's face probably wouldn't have looked that awful. He was still cute, just swollen and bloody. Her and the kids tried to clean him up as much as possible, but she wanted to get out of the house asap so she let Dustin and Mike handle taking care of Steve while her, Max, and Lucas got the supplies they needed to enter the tunnel.

The corner of her lips pulled up a bit at the cute bandaids littering his face and Dustin carefully holding an icepack against his forehead. Turning her head to the right, she made eye contact with Max who was squished in the front seat with Lucas holding onto the map trying to make sure they found the right entry spot.

"Nancy?" Frankie heard from the back seat. Furrowing her brows, she ignored the voice before taking a right to go down the main road by the passing farm area.

"No, don't touch it. Hey, buddy." Hearing Dustin talk, Frankie turned her head a bit to look over her shoulder and grinned at the sight of Steve beginning to wake up. He had been unconscious for about thirty minutes and she was glad she didn't have to lug him around anymore, he weighed too much for a bunch of kids and a scrawny seventeen year old girl to carry.

"You put up a good fight. He kicked your ass, but you put up a fight."

"Don't be mean Dustin!" Frankie whisper shouted to not alarm Steve who she was pretty sure was suffering from a huge headache. Making sure no one was driving or walking in the road for the next mile or so, Frankie turned her head around to look at Steve.

"Good morning, Sleeping Beauty." She whispered before turning towards Max and Lucas who both began to talk at the same time.

"Angel girl?" He asked, blinking his eyes slowly still not fully conscious of what he was doing.

"Okay, so you're gonna keep straight for a half a mile, then make a left on Mount Sinai." Nodding her head, she took one last look at Steve before focusing on the road. Hearing a lot of movement from the back and some struggling, she grew concerned.

"What's going on back there?" She asked, keeping her eyes on the road so she wouldn't miss the turn. Not getting a respond but hearing yelling and shouting coming from all the kids and Steve, she turned her head to find out what was happening.

"What's wrong Steve?!" She exclaimed with concern. He looked to be panicking and she didn't know from what. Looking towards Dustin, he looked just as confused as she did but he was yelling along with everyone else.

"Oh, wait, that's Mount Sinai." Lucas said, looking down at the map. Frankie whipped her head back to the front of the car and stared the boy down, before turning to look out the windshield. "Make a left."

"Now?!" Frankie screeched beginning to slow down the car that was already breaking a hundred speed limits.

"Now!" Lucas shouted at her pointing towards the little street. Quickly turning the wheel, the whole car felt like it was going to flip over and Frankie could feel her stomach become queasy. Still at lightning speeds, the car raced down the country road with everyone including Frankie screaming as it ran over bushes and signs. Seeing a gaping hole in front of her, she slammed on the breaks barely missing falling in the hole by about three feet.

Letting out a sigh of relief, the girl looked towards the kids next to her who looked worse for wear. Panting from the adrenaline rush, she let out a breathy laugh before turning her whole body around to look in the back.

"You guys okay?" She asked with a grin. The two boys looked at her with wide eyes, Mike like she was crazy and Dustin like he was having the time of his life. Her eyes fell on Steve who looked like he just shat himself, before offering him a sorry smile. Letting the kids get out of the car, Frankie stayed inside a few seconds longer keeping an eye on Steve. Watching him begin to stumble out of the car, Frankie jumped out of the vehicle and ran out to the other side to catch the brunette boy.

"Woah, take it easy." She said softy, gripping onto his arms and pulling him up to lean against the car. Steve just shakily leaned against the car door and held onto Frankie's arms as well. He was still in a daze and just looked at the children grabbing stuff from the trunk.

"Hey! Where do you think you're going?" He asked sounding very drowsy at one of the kids passing by. Frankie gently grabbed his head and turned it towards her. Studying the marks on his face, she frowned before making sure he was okay to go with them. She didn't want to leave him at the Byers' house with an unconscious Billy, but if he had to she'd rather have him just sleep it off in the car.

"Angel girl, what are you doing here?" He slurred out. Frankie blinked a few times before letting out a laugh.

"We're going down to the tunnels, are you okay to go with us?" She asked, completely ignoring the nickname he gave her. Placing a hand softly on his to grab his attention, Frankie pursed her lips as he ignored her. Instead of answering her, Steve kept on questioning the kids, saying they weren't going anywhere. Rushing towards Dustin, the older boy grabbed whatever was in his hand and threw it back into the trunk. He went off spouting how they weren't going to go down there but he was easily cut off by the curly haired boy.

"Steve, you're upset, I get it. But the bottom line is, a party member requires assistance, and it is our duty to provide that assistance." Dustin mumbled out through the bandana covering his lips. Frankie moved closer to the two and placed a hand on Steve's shoulder. It finally seemed as though he had woken up completely.

"Now, I know you promised Nance that you would keep us safe. So, keep us safe." Dustin finished while grabbing Steve's bag that he was carrying earlier that was filled with his bat. Looking up at his friend, Dustin hoped he would help, especially considering most of the party were beginning to descend into the hole. Steve glanced to his left at Frankie who just had a brow raised before sighing and grabbing his bag.

"You little shits better not get us all killed."

AUTHORS NOTE

sorry that I cut off right there I just didn't want to post an extra long chapter because I felt that the journey in the tunnels was going to be a pretty long chapter already

anyways are you guys excited for s3??? I literally died when I saw the little promo of Steve and Robin at Scoops Ahoy I thought Steve looked so adorable and I cannot wait to see how they add Robin into the mix also I may write a sequel to this story if we get a lot of Steve in s3 and you guys want me to!

also this story reached 40k reads which is just crazy to me because I didn't think this story would get anything but I am just so grateful to all of you who come and read my story thank you so much anyways lets go 2 more chapters!!!