Chapter Six

Kuroko

I tried to remember what Aomine and I were talking about when I walk passed our usual hang out place. It wasn't anything romantic, just a small park with a basketball court nearby. He and I would meet up everyday, playing and teasing and laughing...

I sighed a little, trying to make myself feel okay even though I felt a sting in my chest. The weather was good today, which made me feel slightly better, knowing Kagami and I could play basketball after school ended.

Seeing Kise again made me happy too, and even though he had problems himself, he never failed to bring me back up. I did lots of reflections last night, and thought maybe what he said was true.

But do I really wanna see Aomine again, though?

The same question kept bothering me, and I had trouble looking for the answer. Of course, I've missed him. But again, I doubt I could remain stable if he were to stand right in front of me at this moment. I knew I couldn't take it.

I can't accept the fact that he's gone.

The rest of the walk to school was normal, and I bumped into a few people along the way. The wind blew and the birds chirped, helping me clear my mind a little.

"Yo, Kuroko!"

I smiled when Kagami ran and walked next to me. A big grin plastered across his features, and his face lit up under the sunlight. My chest stung again. How I wished to be as happy as he was.

"You seem happy." I pointed out.

Kagami nodded happily. "Of course I am. I met an old friend from America earlier, and we promised to meet up again for a match."

"That's nice, Kagami-kun."

The rest of the day was a blur, and the next thing I know, I was walking back to the place where Aomine and I used to hang out. Kagami ended up following me after finding out there would be a basketball court here. I didn't mind, though.

"I never knew this park existed," He exclaimed in awe, head spinning and eyes scanning his surroundings. "I mean, look at the river and the trees! There's even a court there!"

"You sound so excited," I chuckled. "I'm glad."

"Why would you come here all of a sudden, though?" Kagami asked as he walked towards me, eyes on the ball I was holding. "Why can't we go to the other basketball court? Well, not that I'm complaining. Just curious."

I smiled a little. "Here's where Aomine-kun and I used to play. I just... I kinda missed this place."

The red-headed smirked. "Is that so?"

I nodded.

"Well then, let's play here often, to create better memories, alright? I can't have you thinking about him and crying over him during our match. It'll be bad." He joked.

For once I agreed with him. Kagami was right. I shouldn't dwell on the past, and focus on the present instead. I promised to make him the best player in Japan, so Aomine should be put aside for now, until the aim was achieved.

"Okay." I only answered, then threw the basketball to him, which he caught swiftly with his hands.

"I met him a few times, to be honest."

I tilted my head in confusion.

"Aomine, I mean," He stated. "I bumped into him a few times. Talked to him a few times."

"R-Really?" I managed to question him. "What was your first impression of him?"

Kagami shrugged his shoulders. "Nothing much. He is a good player, but there's something about him that's not right."

I smiled. "He was a good person."

"And something changed him," He continued. "I knew about that before you told me. There was this girl. I can't really remember her name. It was probably Mo something."

"Momoi-san?"

Kagami nodded his head. "Yeah, that girl. I saw her crying once, and I can't leave her like that because it was dark and she was alone. We talked a few times, then I never saw her again."

"Oh.." I answered.

It wasn't only me. Momoi was also upset when the team broke. She mentioned before, saying she loved how we got along so well and how everyone had fun playing basketball together. But seeing each one of the players change made our hearts crack into millions of pieces. Momoi wasn't happy with them, especially Aomine.

"We have to win them," I suddenly blurted out. "They've never experienced losing before. So maybe, just maybe, beating them would change them."

"Are you sure about that?" Kagami gave me a look, a mixture of sympathy and confusion.

I shook my head, yet I felt excited for some reason, thinking I might have the chance to beat the Generation of Miracles.

"No, but doesn't it get your heart pumping fast?" I smiled at him. "It's worth the try."

Kagami smirked. "Now that's what I'd like to hear."