Chapter Twenty-Seven

Kuroko

I thanked Aomine one last time before removing myself from his embrace. His eyes were teary when he let me go, but there was a sincere smile plastered on his lips. The old Aomine wouldn't do this, I thought, and maybe he's really changed for the better.

I decided to run towards the first place that Kagami might be at, silently hoping he hasn't gone too far from the hospital. It was almost morning and all these running was tiring me out. Good thing we didn't have school the next day, or else I'd be a complete wreck in class.

Unfortunately, Kagami was nowhere to be seen when I've arrived at our usual basketball court, where we would play during late sleepless nights. I panted and decided to take a short break, and when I sat down, my legs instantly went numb.

My phone buzzed and I took it out to read the newest text from Aomine himself.

Aomine Daiki: Have you found him yet?

I quickly typed a short reply.

Me: No, not yet.

Aomine Daiki: I could give you a hand. Where are you now?

I sent him my current location and laid the back of my head on the bench as I waited for him to come. I felt my heartbeat slowly going back to its original pace, and I started to calm down a little after a few deep breaths.

It's been a long time since I've had my last panic attack, and I was very sure I didn't want another one, especially during this time.

Aomine came after a few minutes and I got up. He instantly caught me when I almost fell back down. I groaned softly, feeling the familiar headache rise to my temples.

"Maybe it's a bad idea to get him now," His low voice rumbled against his chest. "You need to rest, Kuroko. Your blood pressure isn't well these days."

"I'm fine." I whispered, but I wasn't okay and I knew it. Aomine knew it as well.

My vision was becoming blurry but I tried to fight back. I needed to see Kagami as soon as possible or else I might lose him for real.

And I didn't want that.

"No, you're not," Aomine shook my shoulders gently to keep me awake. "I have to bring you back to the hospital."

"Kaga... mi."

I felt myself getting carried up, and even though my vision was getting worst, I could see myself on his back. His arms hooked both my legs and we started to make our way back to the hospital.

Aomine huffed a little and I mumbled an apology. He shook his head, telling me it was fine, but I knew deep down it wasn't fine. Everything was far from fine.

What would Kagami think if he were to see us right now? He would get mad, wouldn't he?

Or did he gave up on me already?

"You'll be alright," The boy carrying me whispered when he heard me sobbing quietly. "Everything's gonna be okay, Tetsu. Go to sleep. This is all a dream. Everything will be okay once you wake up."

I didn't want to close my eyes, because if I did, I wouldn't get to search for Kagami. Unfortunately, my eyelids betrayed me and I felt myself passing out.

When I woke up the next day, I can't help myself from thinking that Aomine was a liar, though it wasn't entirely his fault because I knew he was just trying to make me feel better. I squeezed my eyes shut, only to slowly open them up again.

I immediately understood where I was - in a hospital rest room. The familiar white walls with art paintings and the familiar white bed with white sheets. I sighed and scanned my surroundings.

Aomine was seated at the small couch at the corner, head leant against the wall. Soft snores escaped his lips and my chest tightened painfully.

Did he stayed up to take care of me?

The door swung open a little, revealing a worried-looking Kise. I smiled lightly at him and he responded the same. After closing the door behind him, he came forward and sat next to me.

"I know it's a bit too early for this," He cleared his throat. "But I've spoken to Kagami."

I noticed the way he said his name, and how he didn't add the usual - cchi behind. Maybe the situation didn't affect me only, but the rest of my friends too.

"He's still upset, but he really wants to see you," His eyes were questioning when they met mine. "Is that okay?"

I weakly nodded. "Yeah."

His hands gently held mine. "It's okay to let go, you know that, right?"

"I know, Kise-kun," I squeezed his hands. "But I don't want to lose him. Aomine-kun's right, I got to try to make things right. I can't give up just like that. It's a waste."

The blond nodded his head in understanding. "Alright, whatever your decision is, I'm always here to support you. Not only me, though, the other teammates too. Your friends."

My heart warmed at the thought of the Generation of Miracles staying by my side, and I was really glad to call them my friends.

Except Akashi though, it's been a long time since we've all met him. Knowing him, he probably disappeared to another country and was already becoming the best basketball player there. No one could beat him so far, but the thought of meeting him in a game one day got me thrilled.

But before that, I have to settle the situation between me and Kagami first, the boy whom I loved dearly.