Chapter Seven

After getting up really late on Saturday morning, I dumped the dress in the washing machine and turned it on. I checked the invite standing on my fridge that my mom sent me a few days ago, and checked the time. I still have a few hours left.

I went to my closet and got out a sparkly green dress tha falls on my knees but flows out like a ballerina skirt. It didn't have any sleeves whatsoever, but it has a really pretty heart shaped cut in the front, showing off my shoulders. I straightened my hair, put on some make up and went into my Converse room. I admit that I have about 40 pairs of heels, but I've never worn any of them and probably never will.

I got out some sparkly Converse which I also had made for times like this, and put them on without socks. It looks so cool, if I had to say so myself. A thought occured to me while I was painting my nails a green color: Imagine what they will do if I brought Joe Jonas with me! Ha. That would start some rumors. I couldn't help but smile to myself at that. Sometimes I'm just that funny. But no, I'm going dateless. Like always.

 I spent an entire hour getting ready!

Running (well more like power walking) down my stairs, I activated my alarm and locked the front door. I was getting into my shiny BMW X6 and sped down the few blocks down to my parents' house. I stopped in front of th lawn, but didnt park there. No, I was checking out who was there already. And just as always, I'm late. Mom would be so proud. Not.

I parked it in a reserved parking space that my dad closed up for me and got out. I walked inside and everyone looked at me in shock. Was it something to do with my hair? Did I forget something like a shoe? I checked my hair and shoes, and they were all there.

What's going on?

"Hey look! It's that girl from the premier that went with Joe Jonas!" Screamed a girl that was possibly about 11.

Ah. Now I understand. I didn't even think that anyone would actually know me from last night!

They all went back to what they were doing after I said 'Hello' and smiled at every single person in the room.