Chapter Eleven

I woke up really late, at about 11 am, to my phone ringing. It was Steve asking me where I have been, and I did the weirdest thing ever. I quit.

Yeah, I know it may be stupid, but to be honest I don’t need the money. I only got a job because I got bored. Not because I needed the money.

I wanted to sleep further, but my phone rang again, and it was Jeffrey. “Yes?” I asked him.

“Have you made up your mind about Yuane’s offer?” he asked me.  Come to think of it, I haven’t actually thought about it yet.

“Uhm..no…” I trailed off. “I already said yes in the car. Remember?” I asked him again.

“Yes but she just called me to ask if you were serious. And if you are, you need to get your stuff together because we’re leaving in a week.”

“Yeah, yeah I know. And I’m still gonna do it, ya know. Just leave me to go back to bed. Please?” I said. I am so tired, it’s not even funny. I don’t know why, seeing as I slept all morning anyway.

He ended the call and I threw my phone on the purple couch in the corner of my room. I watched it bounce off and onto the soft carpet. If that wasn’t there, it probably would’ve broken on impact.

I got up, not feeling in the mood. After showering and blow-drying my hair, I went into my walk-in closet and the first thing I laid my eyes on was a black off shoulder top that was cut off at mid-stomach. I threw that on and a black skinny jean with red Converse.

Skipping downstairs, I decided that one day I’m gonna install elevators here. I hate stairs. The owner of the building was even okay with it when I told her I wanted t build a meditation room. We are kind of friends, but we only talk everytime that she needs milk or when she’s bored. She’s not married, with no kids, and she’s 35. Sad, I know.

I almost ripped the kitchen cabinets off after I grumpily looked for food. There was so much there, that I couldn’t choose. So I opted for McDonalds instead. Ice cream for breakfast!

I kindly asked them to deliver because I wasn’t in the mood to drive, and I tipped the delivery guy a twenty.

I was so bored, you wouldn’t believe it.

After I ate my ice cream, I got out a book and a pen and decided to make a list of stuff that I’m gonna take with me on the trip, and people that I’m gonna tell. One of them was my best friend Alexis, who is in Italy at the moment. Her father bought her a hotel so she’s very well off and loves to travel. After she finished school, she never stayed for more than a month at some country. She absolutely loves to travel. I haven’t seen her in about four months and she never even calls anymore.

So this is the list for the things I’m gonna take with me:

1.)    20 pairs of shoes

2.)    Half of my wardrobe, which is about 80 outfits

3.)    My phone, iPod and all my other gadgets

4.)    Hair stuff (dryer, straightener, brushes, etc.)

5.)    Last minute items

Then there is the list of people I wanna say goodbye to:

      1.)    Mom

      2.)    Dad

      3.)    Michelle

      4.)    Chuck

      5.)    Steve (even though I quit, we’re still friends)

      6.)    About 19 friends

      7.)    My Converse closet.

That’s about it.

If all my stuff didn’t fit in the plane, I’ll take a jet to New Zealand. That is all. I’m not leaving anything behind.

Even if it’s for three months.