Chapter 2: 'No regrets'

'Alright Alice, I have a proposal for you.' He said, making me wonder what he meant.
'Let's get out of here.'
'What?'

'Yes, I am serious.' He took my hand and before I knew it he was leading me outside. 'FP?' I asked anxiously and also scared that our kids would see us. 'FP please!' I said right before we exited the bar.

'Alright, what's up? Because I can tell that you want this too.'

'Betty and Jughead, they can't find out about our past and if they see us like this they'll know for sure.'

'Oh, you're scared they'll see us being friendly? I asked Jughead to go in the back and arrange some things. Pretty sure Betty joined him.'

'Alright, I will go with you.' I said. He smiled. 'Just to talk FP.'

He led me outside and I followed him. His trailer was just around the corner of the Whyte Wyrm. It had started to rain as we entered his trailer.

'So?' I asked as he closed the door behind us.

'How is it so easy for you to deny this?' He asked holding both of my hands. FP stood so close to me, I could basically feel him breathing. 'Don't you look back at our memories and think about what we could have had?' At this point I had already drowned in his dark eyes.

'I do..' I started sobbing. 'I really do FP.'

He didn't think I was going to react this way, I noticed. 'Uhm, come on Alice, sit down.' He gestured to the couch. I was now bawling and I couldn't do otherwise. 'Here.' He handed me a glass of water. Maybe the alcohol was making me even more emotional but I was certainly crying because of him.
'It's alright FP, I wanted to talk too. Everything coming together like this is making me emotional.'
'I just miss us, Alice.'
'I know, but you know I am..' It hurt to even say this.
'Married, I know.'
At this moment it seemed like I was rethinking my whole life. I surely knew that it hadn't been a good decision to give my baby boy up for adoption. I would kill to meet him some day. Betty and Polly, those are my miracles, of course things happened to them that I am not that fond of but I love them so much. My Serpent past? I don't regret it, that is the first reason why I am here at this party for FP. My past relationship with FP? No regrets. Maybe just the break-up, but at the time it had to be that way I think. I am so glad we are still friends. Marrying Hal? Don't know. Sometimes it seems like he is a great husband and at other times he is violent and kind of abusive. Over the past years our relationship hasn't really been that great.

Then FP snapped me back to reality.
'Alice? Alice?' He tapped my shoulder. 'Are you alright?'
'Uhm, yeah, just thinking.'
'A penny for your thoughts.' He said.

'Alright then. I've been thinking about the girls, Hal, my past life.. which includes you.' I admitted.
'Keep talking.' He seemed to like what he heard.
'I am just glad that I am here, FP.' I smiled and didn't want to admit what I felt.
'To look after your daughter?' He said and chuckled since we were sitting alone in his trailer.
'Yes haha.' He always cracks me up.
'Well I am glad that you are here too.' He said. We were sitting on his couch as he moved toward me and in that moment it felt like I couldn't move. I just had to surrender. His face was so close to mine, I could feel his breath on my skin.
Just at the moment when his lips were about to touch mine, we heard the doorknob turn. *shoot* I instinctively pushed FP away.
'Oh hi, mom!' Betty said as she entered the trailer with Jughead by her side.
'Hey!' I said, being scared that they would sense something was going on.
'I just got your mom an aspirin, she wasn't feeling well.' FP lied.
'I bet it were those shots, mom.' Betty laughed at me. I just gave her a light smile.
'So uhm, thanks FP.' I looked at him and he looked at me with regret.

Then I turned to my daughter. 'I am going to go home, honey. I have a terrible headache, you can stay if you'd like.'

'Thanks mom, I'd like to.' You could see the happiness in her eyes.

'Alright, I'll see you home then.'

'I'll walk you out.' FP was eager to react.

'Sure.'

Once we were at my car I heard something I didn't expect to hear. 'Siren?'

Instinctively I reacted with 'Yes?' Haven't heard that nickname in quite some time.

'About what happened, or didn't happen'.. He hesitated. 'I know you're married and we shouldn't be doing this.'

I just looked at the ground.

'Drive carefully, goodnight Alice.' He said and walked back to the trailer.

'Goodnight.' I whispered as I got in my car and started crying again. This time it was of regret, I regretted not kissing him. I really wanted to but now he seems right. I am married. Maybe I should just forget about him.

After a good long cry in the parking lot of the Whyte Wyrm I drove home.

***
So, what did you think? I hope you enjoyed it! Please vote and leave a comment telling me why you are a Falice shipper! You can also message me suggestions for this story ❤️
J x