Chapter 17: FP and pie baking doesn't match

Today it was the day of Riverdale High's baking contest. I had helped Betty to bake some pies, cupcakes, everything.
We carefully put everything in my car and drove to Betty's highschool. As we got out of the car we already saw Veronica unloading big boxes that said 'Magnolia Bakery'.
'Guess one's cheating.' Betty laughed.
'Well I'm glad we didn't.' We brought our boxes inside and I wished Betty the best of luck. I was driving back home as I turned around and drove to the other side of town. The Southside. I had been here so many times and still it's weird to come up here.
I noticed FP's motorcycle and knew he was home. I knocked on the door.
'Alice?'
'Yes? Remember me?' I laughed, I leaned in for a kiss.
'Of course, come in, I just didn't think I'd see you today.'
I sat down on the couch in his trailer.
'I was thinking of you today.'
'Hmm I like where this is going.' He smirked.
'Well remember that one time in highschool when a baking contest was held?'
'Yeah I do. I tried to bake you a pie and it got burned. The oven almost caught fire.'
I laughed.
'God I love your laugh Alice.' Comments like these still made me shy. He grabbed my hand which caused me to get up. He seemed to be looking for something. 'Here, put this on.' He was holding a Serpent jacket.
'Why?' I asked.
'We're going for a ride.' He grabbed his own jacket and led me outside.
'Are you serious?'
'Of course! Here, put this helmet on.'
'Alright then.' I laughed as he got on his motorcycle. I sat behind him and wrapped my arms around his waist just like the good old days.
'Hold tight babe.'
I closed my eyes as we drove off, trying to really enjoy this moment.
About half an hour later we arrived at this bar miles from our small town.
It felt amazing not having to worry about being recognized together.
'We have to so this more often.' FP grabbed my hand.
'We do.' We sat in silence for a couple of minutes. We paid the bill and went back outside.
'Are we going home?' I asked with a sad look on my face.
'Not yet, hop on.'
After a while I again started to recogize the neighbourhood. We drove on a path into the woods. I was wondering where we were going but I loved how he could always surprise me.
'Alright we have arrived.' We both got off his bike. He took my hand as we stared to walk.
'Do you know where we're going?' He asked and was pleased to hear that I didn't. A couple minutes later I saw. Sweetwater River.
'Our first date.'
'Yes! Plus it's so nice outside, I didn't want to waist this.'
'Yes it is hot here.' I took off my jacket revealing my top.
I noticed him smirking. 'Did you bring me here just so I could take off my jacket?'
'No, I could never!' I heard the sarcasm in his voice and playfully smacked him.
'Auch, alright I guess I deserved that.'
We sat down next to the river as I wanted to sit on my serpent jacket.
'No!' FP grabbed my hand.
I started to laugh and he knew I remembered.
'Oh that's right!' I just sat down on the grass, not really caring if my pants got dirty. 'Another Serpent rule, do not sit on your jacket!'
'I'm glad you remember.' I was sitting in between his legs as he wrapped his arms around my waist. When FP and I were teenagers we would always make up stupid Serpent rules and this was one of them. One time we were sitting right here, alongside Sweetwater River and I was about to sit on my jacket. FP screamed at me: 'Serpent rule 15: do not sit on your jacket!' I remember us laughing our butts off. We were fools at the time.
Aren't we still?
Suddenly I got a text from Betty saying that she had won the contest. I couldn't be prouder of myself and the relationship I had created with my youngest daughter.
I told FP and of course he was excited for me.
'Maybe you should open a bakery?' He commented.
'You silly.. I couldn't do that..'
'Why?'
'It would be so much work.'
'It would, but I bet you'd be great at it.'
'Thanks. Maybe one day.'
We continued to enjoy the sun and each other. FP was playing with my hair, which made me giggle.
'Alice... I love you.' I turned around to see if I had understood him right. He just smiled at me.
'You do don't you.' I mumbled. 'Well I..'
He interrupted me. 'Wait, you shouldn't feel pushed..'
'I know! But I do. I love you too!' I smiled like a fool.
He strangled me and we kissed. It was one of those kisses that portrayed everything I felt in every inch of my body.
'The truth is FP, I have never stopped loving you.'
'Well me neither.'

***
Sooo they finally said I love you! I really hope you enjoyed this chapter. Suggestions are always welcome in the comments!
x J