Chapter 20: Honeymoon suite

It was a cold Friday night. FP said that he had a surprise for me, I am not very good with surprises though. He told me he would pick me up at eight, so around 7:55 PM I put on my heels and grabbed my purse.

'Have fun mom! Remember, I'm going out with Jug tonight, okay?'

'Yes, be careful and don't be late!' I said when I opened the door. FP was already leaning against his truck.

'Hey handsome.' I walked up to him and kissed him as he wrapped his arm around my waist.

'Hey beautiful. Hop in.'

'So where are you taking me?' I asked as he drove off.

'You'll see, you'll see...' He was grinning and I noticed something was off.

'You know I hate surprises.. Could you please just give me a hint?' I put my hand in his.

'Alright then. I booked us dinner reservations but that is the only thing I can tell you.. for now.' He winked at me.

'FP!'

'Sorry babe, can't spoil this.' He gave me a reassuring smile making me feel all comfortable again.

He ended up taking me to my favorite restaurant. Except for Pop's of course. When we were younger we always used to go to this one romantic restaurant close to Sweetwater River. I had not been there in years.

'Oh my gosh FP.. It's been so long.'

I hadn't noticed until we got out of the car that it had somehow changed.
'Do you know what the building next to it is?' I asked.

'Yeah, it's an inn. They added it a couple years ago. The interior of the restaurant is still the same though.'

'I love it FP.'

'Let's go.' He said as he wrapped his arm around my waist, just like the good old times.
'I'm getting the steak, just like the good old days. And you'll get the pasta?'

'You got that right.' I winked.

**

'I am happy that Betty and Jughead took it rather well..' I said.

'Yes, me too. I thought they wouldn't be too fond of.. us.' FP sadly smiled.

'I think it'll take some getting used to but it'll be okay in the end.'

'How's your pasta, Ali?' He asked.

'Uhm.. it's good thank you.' I noticed something was off but decided to leave it alone for a minute. 'So what do we have planned for the rest of the evening?'

'Nothing special actually.' FP was being awfully quiet right now. We had both finished our food and as we got up I grabbed his arm and pulled him aside for a second.

'What is going on Forsythe?'

'Alright..' He grabbed me by the waist as he explained himself. 'How we ended things in highschool.. it wasn't on the best terms. I just want everything to be better now, I don't want to hurt you again.'

I looked him straight in the eyes and said: 'FP, I remember highschool and yes things went wrong there. But it wasn't just your fault. The faults were ours to make, and we did. Now I don't want those to happen again but by starting things up again we decided this together. We will be okay.'

'I hope so Alice, because I can't stand losing you again. We need to work on our relationship and this time, it'll work out.'

'I've got faith in us FP.' I grabbed his hand and wanted to step outside as it was heavily storming and raining, not really safe to drive.

'Uhm.. maybe we could stay here for the night?' He said, with a rather big smile on his face.

'That good for me. I'll let Betty know.' I suickly texted my daughter to tell her I was fin and that she'd have to be careful.

We went to the reception of the inn and asked which rooms were still available.

'Unfortunately we only have the honeymoon suite for you. That'll be $ 500 for the night.'

I looked at him as he looked at me.

'Should we?' I asked. The weather was getting worse with the minute.

'We'll take it.' FP said as he grabbed my hand.

'Alright then.' The lady gave us our key and we walked off.

I found it somewhat exciting to be having this suite for the night, although I didn't like the 500 dollars that we should be paying the next day.

When we opened the door we saw rose petals on the bed in the shape of a heart. Even fake candles were lit and fairy lights were draped from the ceiling.

'This is gorgeous.' I said in awe.

'It really is.' He said as he kissed me.

We took off our coats and got under the covers. We grabbed the remote control and wanted to watch a movie.

'Which one do you prefer?' FP asked.

'Uhm.. let me see.' The only semi good movie on there was The Holiday. A cheesy but fine film to which you don't have to pay too much attention to.

'Sure.' FP said as I pushed play. He didn't seem to mind the movie as he was constantly watching me and running his fingers through my hair.

'Bored much?' I jokingly asked.

'I just prefer looking at you.' He smirked.

I softly put my lips on his to reassure my love for him.

'Wanna skip the movie?' I asked, knowing he had better plans for the night.

'Yes please.' He said as he kissed me.

****************************************

Wow, just wow. It has been so long since my updates. I didn't have the time to write again and when I read a comment on one of my chapters, asking me to post a new chapter I just had to write it.

Recently a lot has changed in Riverdale. Please let me know if you want me to continue my story as it is (without the Gargoyle King and stuff). I would like to keep the Whyte Wyrm, it is fun to write stuff that takes place in there.

Anyways, just let me know and give me some feedback in the comments.

Much love,

x, J