Chapter 19: Revelations

Toni had just left me and FP alone with Betty and Jughead. We did not know how to explain ourselves in the Whyte Wyrm filled with Serpents.
After a while Betty broke the silence.
'After I told Jug that you guys dated in highschool we both couldn't believe it. We had only seen you guys fight for over the last couple of years.'
'Yeah and now you're suddenly sleeping together?!' Jughead made a snarky comment and threw his hands up in the air.
'Son, Betty, let us at least explain. Just know that...'
In that exact moment one of the Serpents came up to me. I could tell that he was drunk, as he came closer I noticed it was Tall Boy. Him being drunk is never a nice sight. When this man gets drunk he just gets aggressive.

'What's up Siren? Haven't seen you here in a hot minute.' He looked at me like I was naked. Pervert.
I noticed FP's protective look, he glared at the long-haired Serpent. We both tried to ignore the whole situation.
Tall Boy grabbed my wirst and turned me around. Normally I wasn't too scared of him but I knew what he could do to people when he's drunk.
'I can tell you're fooling around again with FP. Remember how that almost ruined you huh?'
I could tell our kids weren't too fond of the situation.
'Shut it Tall Boy.' I managed to get out.
'Oh and do you remember that one night he left you alone here? Remember what happened then babe?' He came closer to me, put his hand on my shoulder and slid it down until it touched my hip.
I could tell FP wanted to do something, but he noticed that Tall Boy was holding a knife. A sharp one, but I knew FP wasn't going to let him go too far.
Then he whispered something in my ear that only me and FP could hear. Feeling his breath so close to my face made me shiver and made my eyes fill with tears.
'Siren, remember how that night was supposed to be the first time for both you and FP, but I am glad I was able to intervene.' He smirked. Not even a fraction of a second later I saw Tall Boy lying on the ground and FP with a large cut in his arm.
'No one messes with my girl!' He yelled and kicked Tall Boy one last time before he dragged me, Betty and Jughead outside. He held my hand so tight, reassuring everything was going to be okay. When we got outside of the bar I couldn't stand up any longer, I leaned against the wall and started crying. I hugged FP and never wanted to let go. I didn't even notice the kids anymore.
'Oh my gosh Mr. Jones are you alright?' Betty and Jughead looked at his arm.
'Yeah yeah it's just a cut. It'll heal.' He said but when I broke our hug I looked at his arm.
'This needs to be cleaned up.'
'It doesn't, Alice. Are you alright?' He looked so worried.
'I am fine but I need you to come with me.' I stood up, with all the power I still had in my body, grabbed his hand and walked over to the trailer, together with Betty and Jughead.
'Jughead, do you have a first aid kit here?' I asked, knowing where it was, but that would maybe seem a little creepy.
'Yeah just a second.' He grabbed this small box from underneath the sink.
'Thank you.'
Betty and Jughead sat down on the other hand of the couch as I cleaned FP's wound. I could not contain myself and started sobbing again.
'Hey Ali? Are you sure you're alright?' He put his hand on mine.
'I am.. It just hurt what he said to me.'
'I know.' He looked hurt, not physically but mentally hurt.
'Mom what did he say, what happened?' Betty decided to ask, I could tell she was terrified.
I exchanged looks with FP and he nodded, confirming that I should tell them.
'Betty, remember the time I told you to always stay by Jugheads side when the Serpents are around?' I asked, hoping, she'd still know.
'Of course.' She still looked concerned, Jughead did too.
'Well, I've uhm... had experiences where I didn't do that. Once I didn't stay by FP's side and things... happened.'
'I know I shouldn't have left you alone back then, I really shouldn't have.' FP interrupted and put his arm around me.
'I know. But I supported the decision remember..' I said.
'So what happened mom?' Betty kept asking.
Through my sobbing I tried to make sentences but explaining something really wasn't possible now.
FP jumped in. 'Well that one night when Alice was alone in the bar, Tall Boy took her aside and he uhm.. he abused her.' FP grabbed my hand as I was now full on crying in front of my daughter and her boyfriend.
'What? Did he uhm..' Jughead didn't dare to ask the question.
'Did he rape you, mom?' Betty asked with her hand covering her mouth.
'He uhm.. he did.' I muttered.
'Oh my god.' was the only thing Betty could say.
'Really?! Wow, wow, I've always known that this man wasn't any good!' Jughead got up, ran to the door but FP was fast enough to stop him. He grabbed his son by the arms.
'Jug, no, there's absolutely nothing you can do. It was horrible but you can't go to him, you just can't.' Jughead was still trying to get loose but now I was the one that could calm him.
'Jughead. It is alright. As your dad said there's nothing that can be done. We tried to kick him out of the Serpents years ago but somehow he always got back in. So Betty, please take it seriously when I tell you to stay by Jughead's side.'
'I will mom.' She reached out for me and hugged me tight.
'I love you kiddo.' I whispered.
'Love you too mom, so you're alright?
'I am. And about earlier..'
'No mom you shouldn't do this now.'
'I do. It's time Betty. So what you uhm walked in on before.. FP and I are back together.'
'Well I thought you were just sleeping together, not actually together.' Jughead said.
'I'm sorry you had to find out about it this way Jug. You too Betty.' FP said.
'So how's this going to go then?'' Betty asked.
'What do you mean?' I asked.
'Well, you're together, me and Jug are together... Isn't that going to be extremely odd?'
'It might be a little awkward at first but I am sure we'll get used to it. It's just you guys and us.'
'You're right. But I am glad to see you this happy mom.'
'Thanks Betty.'
'And son you knew when I divorced yout mom months ago..'
'Yeah I know dad. It's alright. Just really odd.'
Both couples were sitting in silence, trying to process everything that had just happened and FP's hand was still on Alice's back, making sure she was fine.

***
I've been wanting to write this chapter for so long and I hope it turned out like you wanted it to! Really hope you enjoyed it!
x J

You can always follow me on Instagram @forsythejones_alicecooper