Chapter 8: Starcrossed lovers part 1

The day that Polly came home I couldn't have been more excited. So excited that I almost forgot about the fight that Hal and I had been in. At night Hal and I started to talk about my past.

'Polly really made me remember Chic.' I confessed to Hal, hoping he would not get angry at me for making this comment.

'Uhu Alice.' We were both laying on our bed. He was reading a paper.

'That's all you can say? "Uhu"?' He clearly didn't like me mocking him.

'Over the past few years you've been talking more and more about him and frankly I don't care anymore. You always do whatever you want and you never seem to ask for my opinion.'

'Do you realize what you've just said Hal? When I was pregnant you practically pushed me to give him up. You wanted me to have an abortion!' I now sat up on our bed, knowing very well that I had started this argument but we'd have to talk about it eventually.

'Well you should be glad that I was okay with a quiet adoption.'
Things were getting pretty heated.

'Hal, that adoption was the worst mistake of my life! I wanted to keep the baby!' I was now whispering, making sure our daughters wouldn't wake up.

'I couldn't raise a kid that wasn't mine! Plus, we were both way too young.' He told me thinking he was right about everything.

'What about Polly then? I - I pointed at myself - I am going to support her through this. I am going to be by her side and don't pretend that you are going to be by her side for the full 100% because I know you made her an appointment!'

'Alice..' He was getting flustered. 'How do you.. know this?' He was now sitting on the bed with his head in his hands.

'Oh well my daughter talks to me and I want to be sure that I don't have to see your face for a couple of days! Just go!' I said all high and mighty and walked out of our room. Downstairs I grabbed a blanket and a pillow and laid down on the couch. I was not going up there tonight. I'd rather sleep on the couch. Normally when we had a fight Hal would always try and make up but the last few months this habit had passed. We couldn't seem to bring ourselves to it. I bet he'll just sleep at the Register.

The next morning I woke up early enough to get back into our room so the kids wouldn't notice. Hal had already left for work and had texed me: 'You're fired.' *Again* I sighed.

Betty woke up earlier than expected and snuck into Polly's bedroom. 'Oh hey..' Polly mumbled as Betty sat down on the edge of her bed.
'Polly, can we talk?' The pregnant teen sat up and nodded. 'What's up?'
'So I am really wondering why mom won't tell us more about Chic..'
'Maybe she just wants to forget some parts of her past?'
'Yeah I don't know Polls. I feel like she still really cares about him and wants to know what he's up to.'
'Wouldn't you want to know?'
'Yeah I guess...'

***

When I walked downstairs Betty and Polly were already having breakfast. I told them Hal was already at work and they just seemed to believe it. 'You're not going to work mom?' Polly said as she saw noticed me still being in my pyjamas.
'Uhm.. I..'
'Did you and dad have a fight? I though I had heard something last night.' Polly said.
I confessed. '... Yeah we did.'
'I'm sorry mom.' Betty said.
'It's alright honey.' I said trying to convince her but deep inside I knew that it wasn't alright.
Betty was off to school and I told Polly that I was going to run some errands.
In reality I got in my car and drove to Sunnyside Trailer Park. I needed some answers and I had to talk to someone. Frankly FP was the only friend that I had around Riverdale. I used to be friends with Hermione but since.. I don't know. Now we're just bitchy to each other.
A few moments later I had arrived to the parking lot of FP's trailer. I stayed in my car to think for a moment.

I can't tell FP about what happened because then I would have to tell him what we were fighting about. I just couldn't lie to more people about Chic. He is my blood and FP's.. a secret lovechild that the father doesn't even know of. I know I should have told him back then but I just couldn't. It was all too painful.

I got out of my car and leaned against it for a while. From far I heard a voice calling out my name. 'Alice!'
I turned around and saw this tall handsome man walking up to me.
'Oh hey.' I said and tried to fake a smile.
'So what brings you here?' FP said, putting one hand on my car and the other one around my waist.
'You.' I smiled.
'Awe that's just too sweet Siren.' He leaned in and kissed me on the forehead. 'Now be serious, I can tell something is wrong.' He looked concerned.
'Well you can read my mind like no other. Can I come in? I'm kind of cold out here.'
'Oh yeah of course. I'll make you a cup of coffee.' He grabbed my hand and led me to his trailer.
'Sit down. What's going on Alice?'
Again I realised I couldn't tell him the truth.

***
I hope you liked this chapter! Part 2 of Starcrossed lovers will be up soon, because this isn't over as you can tell.
Please vote and comment down below so I know that you're still interested in this story.
x J