Imagine#3:Literary and Love-Loki

Y/N's P.O.V.

I was assigned to a new work area in the palace.I was to assist in the library from now on since the last one was promoted to be Queen Frigga's handmaiden.I wasn't nervous or anxious since I'm friends with the librarian.But I knew I wouldn't be able to perform well since I seem to lack...education.

I think I'd be incredibly useless and dull if ever she asked for help to get a book from the shelves.All I can do  is clean.Well,at least I'm good at something.

"Good afternoon,Optum."

"Good afternoon,Y/n.Excited on your first day?"she greeted.

"Honestly,I'm terrified,"I replied.

She puts a hand on my shoulder,"Don't be.You're very good at your job.I'm sure it'll just be a piece of cake for you."

"I hope so."

***

I was halfway done with dusting out the shelves.Optum was right,it seemed easy for me since I did have some type of OCD.I was beginning to like it since it was much quieter than when I was cleaning in the Armory.Plus,there's no one here to bother me with a cocky and flirty attitude.

"Be careful,Y/n!"I heard Optum from below.

"No worries,"I told her.

Suddenly,the huge double doors opened.It was a person wearing Royal Armor.It was one of the Princes!I've never seen any of them before and it seems one of them was fond of reading.

"I have to go,the desk seems to need tending to,"Optum says.

"Go on then.Don't keep him waiting."

I didn't really mind if Prince Loki was here.I was doing my job and there is no reason to be afraid.All I have to do is do my best to hide myself from him so I wouldn't be such a bother.

Weeks had passed and I noticed that he was almost here everyday.I guess he was such a bookworm.I'm also glad Optum never asked me to handle any of the paper works or any of the books,besides from dusting them,of course.

It was another day of work and I was awfully happy since I had just replaced the hideous red curtains with green ones.They looked much more elegant for me,and they were definitely less dusty.

I was about to return the feather duster and sit down for a bit when I saw Optum hurrying herself towards me.

"Y/n,you need to help me,"she pleads.

"Is there something wrong?"I asked worriedly.

"Not really but I need to report at the headquarters and there's still a lot of books lying around."

"And?"

"Can you please return them?They must be returned immediately and I'm running out of schedule.I wouldn't be back until closing time and I'm so stressed out."

"But...I,"I didn't want to let her down,and she seemed so desperate,"Okay,I'll do it."

I must have been out of my mind,what the heck did I just put myself into?!

"Thank you so much.I promise I'll hurry back!"and without another word,she ran out leaving me with my stupid brain.

I was at the verge of panicking because there were two full carts of books that I need to return to their shelves.Oh,how will I survive?!

***

I had no idea how was I going to do the task.There was no one else here and I'm on one of the library's ladder holding up two books,attempting to put it in a vacant spot that I randomly saw.I'm delirious.