THREE

Hello and welcome back! I made a trailer for this fic, it's up above ^ I really hope you like it! The song is called Vampyre Erotica by Inkubus Sukkubus in case you were wondering, one of the songs from the playlist I'll post soon.

__

7 years later

Frank tapped his foot impatiently as he waited for his best friend to show up to his apartment. The clock kept ticking on the wall and the sound was pestering enough to drive him insane. His dog paced anxiously at his feet, sensing his impatience and feeling negatively about it. He reached down to pet her coarse fur, scratching behind her ears in a way that never failed to calm her down. She turned her small head and ran her tongue over his fingers. He smiled softly, but it quickly faded when he checked the time again. Jamia was running fifteen minutes late, and being the punctual person he was, he grew more anxious by the second.

His eyes swept across the opened and unopened boxes randomly scattered around his home. Frank had just recently escaped from his mother's house and moved into his own place after he'd worked enough to create a budget for a place to live. He wasn't quite finished unpacking, but other matters came up. They were much more important than worrying whether he should organize his closet by color or not organize it all. He had plenty of time to figure out such mundane things any other day of the week.

Frank stood up, walking over to his pin up board filled with notes and faded photographs that came from a shitty printer he had years ago. Newer ones scattered around, a much clearer and colorful addition to the mess he managed to tie everything running through his head together. Years of research, obsession, not giving up without a fight. His search was unless, but he believed he'd done enough of looking to finally do what he craved to do for many years.

As the years went by, rumors spread around the world about the strange murders arising. It always came in bursts, bodies discovered and cases left unsolved. Bodies drained of blood, trauma to their bodies in the shape of fingers gripping too hard, but somehow, leaving no fingerprints behind. They were dug up from areas where the murderer must have thought they would never be found again. Somehow, they were always found, making a perfect headline for the news. Eerie enough for people to be afraid of it, but fascinating to the point where theories surfaced as the bodies did.

One was a vampire mimicking cult. The theory that stuck to every surface of the internet, making it into the news and rising awareness throughout the world. The cult was said to be a worldwide group of people who attempted to murder as a vampire would to rise fear out of people, make them believe in something that was only a myth. They wore gloves to conceal any track of their DNA, cut open the throat and mutilated it to drain the blood and dumped the body in a place where they knew it could be discovered. It was what the world believed, but not Frank. He knew the truth, no one needed to mimic a vampire because a real vampire was doing the job of terrifying the people spread all over the globe. Vampires, the various ones wherever they took cover.

Frank, however, was on the lookout for one vampire in specific, his vampire. Seven years ago in New Jersey, the city experienced a strange string of murders that all mirrored each other. Blood completely drained from them, torn out throats, no signs of the murderer left to solve the case. Jersey went on lockdown, setting a curfew and instructing the citizens to keep their houses locked up and their phones close to them at all times in case anything were to happen. It took place during all of December, ending in February and never returning again. But it didn't end completely, the murders only moved to another place in the United States; California, all the way across the country. Frank looked up a select few key words one day when he was doing research, wondering if these murders only recently began.