NINETEEN

Time for Frank to wake up. Warning for blood, although I think you all are fine if you've made it this far, haha.
___

Life. Simply being brought into this world and taking a first breath, the blood flowing through your veins keeping you alive as any other human being thrust into the world. Life and living differed from each other in terms of values, of adventures, of the memory book creating the story of each individual person. Blood and oxygen are what make a vessel human, what makes everyone similar to one another in the eyes of science, but one thing was certain, and it was that living was not the same as being alive. The chain of life was a mirage of colors touching, but not blending into one another, only briefly sharing similar identification through flesh and blood, eyes and teeth, working organs churning inside the costume of skin overlaying the true identity of the soul. Beauty and vanity are shields covering the blackness of makeshift insides coming from memories forcing the soul to succumb to the dark of pain, while ugliness in the vision of the human eyes could conceal a soul as light as the sun raining streaks of pitiful sunshine down onto us all to give our pores a chance to soak it in. The star in the sky prayed to God that its brilliant rays could cleanse the poor souls of the broken, but God never answered, as God continued to betray and save the cards of human lives upon His palms.

Living was loving. Living was being loved in return, touching the lives of friends in need, healing hands none of us realize we carry with us until a tearful thank you came from the sweet lips of damaged souls bandaged from the force of our own comfort. Living was fighting against the black, crawling from the holes sucking our bodies in, living was supporting ourselves and those around us. Breathing, the awareness of blood and skin and bones, it was only being alive. Life, though we treated it so cruelly as we destroy ourselves further for the benefit of pain, was an undeniably puzzling experience for every person in the human race.

Feeling life slip away when the undoing of its ties was out of love, it was peaceful. Frank felt the heavenly hands of angels pulling him from the darkness he awoke in, finding himself floating through the place between life and death without sight, without sound, but nothing alarmed him. Calmness, soft hands and warmth tickling the glowing inside of his soul, purity coming to him as it never had before. He felt himself being cleansed, mercy pressing palm-to-palm with him, until he was carried into the arms of an angel awaiting him. He wasn't aware of his limbs when he floated away into the bliss of the afterlife, held steady by comfort nourishing him into oblivious calm.

Frank opened his eyes, finally seeing the whiteness of surroundings he could barely pay his attention to when his angel was the one guiding him, a version from when he was flesh and blood. Softened olive green eyes accompanied by mellow shadows he'd never seen in them before, pale skin a tint darker, bursting with youthful color and the small imperfections alien to him when Frank was so used to this beautiful face. Soft lips a berry stained shade of pink kissed his forehead, his eyebrows, and gentle hands entangled in his hair.

"Die for me, Frank." Gerard whispered. The velvet was missing from his voice, a heart was thrumming in a chest filled with life, human life. Frank never thought he would see Gerard as a human, and viewing him now, he realized he had always been so incredibly beautiful.

"Aren't I already dead?" Frank kissed his lips, human and pliant against his own. Gerard kissed him back, floating with him, a glowing aura wrapped around him proving to Frank that he was only a heavenly vision given to him as a gift when the real man couldn't be with him.

"Your body is." Gerard whispered to him, caressing Frank's cheek with warmth shining in his eyes. "But you need to guide your soul back to it. I await for you there, my precious human." Warm fingers felt unfamiliar, but welcome upon Frank's face, the roughness of fingerpads stroking over his cheekbone and the oddity raised goosebumps all over his flesh.