FOUR

Should I put the playlist in a separate chapter or a really long author's note?

Eras for this story, btw;

__

The vampire drew away from Frank as quickly as possible, a flash of white lightening pressing his back against the wall across from the young man. Frank panted softly, his shoulders aching from the bruising he knew was forming on his skin from the harsh grip of powerful hands pinning him down. He brushed a thin spiral of cobweb away from his shirt, staring at the vampire in a state of awe. The moonlight slivering onto the pale man's face, his eyes glowing in the shadows and his fangs glistening behind his parted lips, he was everything Frank remembered and more. His heart still pounded quickly from almost being attacked, but the fear was quickly erased by the realization of the vampire who more than likely was only trying to feed to prevent from starvation. He stopped, recognizing who Frank was, and that was one other thing about him that amazed Frank to no end.

"What are you doing in here?" The vampire's voice was low, his voice a bit shaky around its sharp edges after shoving away his hunger.

Frank fumbled for his phone that had fallen onto the dusty ground beneath his feet. Wiping away the particles of debris, he pocketed the device and focused on the vampire. "I knew you'd be here."

The vampire looked momentarily puzzled. Weariness crossed his face after the puzzled look faded away and he came more guarded, taking one more step away and drinking in the sight of Frank with his colorful eyes. "It's dangerous here, being out in this city at night is something you really should not be doing again."

Frank almost smiled when he hinted at that night long ago when he saved Frank from the jaws of another immortal being. The slight lifting of the corners of his lips vanished at the memory of demonic eyes and an unhinged jaw, teeth attempting to rip into his skin like it was nothing but stream covering the tenderness of his bloody veins. Frank touched his neck, his hand shaking.

"I know it is. But I . . . I have so much to say to you, I couldn't stop myself from trying to find you." Frank was away of how similar he sounded to a stalker, and perhaps his obsession was unhealthy, but this was no ordinary person he tracked down. He wouldn't back away now.