foreword

EPIGRAPH

Come away with me, he said, we will live on a desert island. I said, I am a desert island. It was not what he had in mind.

Margaret Atwood

I have stars in my mouth—might you forgive me?

Vickie Vértiz

There is nothing like looking, if you want to find something. You certainly usually find something, if you look, but it is not always quite the something you were after.

J.R.R. Tolkien

SYNOPSIS

          SELINA LOCKE needed a break—not in the way of becoming successful overnight, as she had already been doing a great job with her fame, but in the way of escaping from celebrity drama, her radio show, her dead hamster and her closed-off roommate. That's the main reason why she took a three-month break to spend the summer under the scalding sun of Barcelona.

          She gets her well-needed relaxation period, alright. Working as a bartender at night and as a sunbather by day certainly has its perks, especially in a place where no one knows who she is or what she has done, even if her days are counted and there's always something threatening to ruin her short-lived happiness.

          Remus Rossi wouldn't say he's in some sort of a slump. When his bandmates give him an ultimatum, threatening to call off the tour unless he pulls himself back together and stops sulking in bars at late hours in the evening, he decides to take one last night for himself before getting back to work.

          He almost thinks Selina can help him escape from this black hole. Almost.

          The only problem is that she can't carry her own emotional baggage, let alone other people's.

CAST

ming xi as selina locke

jonathan groff as remus rossi

aja naomi king as winona bernard

steven yeun as cameron carlisle

amanda seyfried as beverly kean

james bay as cory rossi

nathalie emmanuel as maia pratt

alfred enoch as ethan knight

janel parrish as jersey locke-yang

CONTENTS

to new readers (2022 and forward): hello! welcome to cih!! this book is very unedited as of right now (dec 2022). i'll start editing it at the start of 2023. the latter chapters are closer to my current writing style

this is a spin-off to 'mimeomia', containing references and spoilers to that book, but can be read as a standalone (though i advise you to check it out as well, as it's my baby and i like it a lot)

occasional images in the middle of the chapters, so you need to read this online to be able to see them

lgbt+ themes

hamsters

pop culture references

cheesy romance

angst

drama

an author who probably won't like people referencing certain fandoms

DISCLAIMER AND COPYRIGHT

          My characters' opinions don't necessarily reflect mine.

          This is a work of fiction. Names, characters, places, corporations, establishments and incidents either are products of the author's imagination or are used fictitiously. Any resemblance to actual events or locales or persons, living or dead, is entirely coincidental.

          COPYRIGHT © 2018 CATERINA GEORGE. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.

          No part of this publication may be reproduced, distributed, or transmitted in any form or by any means, including photocopying, recording, or other electronic or mechanical methods, without the prior written permission of the author. Feel free to quote it, but give me the proper credit.