Chapter One: The Announcement

(Capitol Citizen's P.O.V)
The anticipation had finally led up to this moment. Soon, the bells will chime, signalling the New Year. And with the new year, the announcement of the Fourth Quarter Quell would take place.

In no time at all it seemed, President Fionnuala Snow rose to the stand. The Capitol as a whole became a deafening roar as we waited in anticipation to discover what the twist in this Quarter Quell would be. The President cleared her throat, and the crowd fell silent. "Citizens of Panem," she addressed. "Every twenty-five years, the Capitol hosts a very special Hunger Games; a Quarter Quell. For the First Quarter Quell, districts voted for who they deemed worthy to enter into the arena. For the Second Quarter Quell, the number of tributes who went into the arena was doubled. For the third, the tributes reaped were not allowed to enter the arena, they had to have someone volunteer for them." 

President Snow then turns to an avox boy, who was holding a glass bowl full of envelopes for much more Quarter Quells to come. "And now, for the Fourth Hunger Games, the hundredth Hunger Games. In order to remind the districts that no matter how many rallies up, the Capitol will never be overthrown..." she pauses, smiling directly into one of the cameras.
"there will be not one game, but nine. The first eight games will consist of twelve tributes of the same gender, one from each district. The final four from each game will go ahead to a final game, where there will only be one winner. Happy Hunger Games to you all Panem, and may the odds be ever in your favour."

~~
Author's Note: Hey Guys! My name's Alexa. This is my first fan fiction I've ever written so I hope it goes successfully. I'm going to try my hardest to satisfy my readers (if I get any lol) so feel free to comment on what you think should come in the chapters ahead!

UPDATE: I've just edited this chapter and honestly I'm really worried about my writing style two years ago. It was crazy messy.