[128] A bad dream...

"Vroom! Vroom!" The child did a sound effect with a his lips, as he crashed the two toy cars together.

And not far from him, a women in her middle ages, who still maintained her merit of youth, sat at the table, as she slowly shook and contemplated her wine.

The heavy door to the leaving room opened, as a middle aged man in a business suit stepped forward. To him, this house was no more than a place to stay at night, and that's only for seldom days of the year. In other words, he was a stranger in his own house.

Then without a single glance nor word, the man walked down the living room and straight for the staircase.

"Which women was it this time?" the women spoke up in Chinese, as the man passed by her.

"What are you talking about in front of our son?" the man replied in heavy voice in Chinese, as is the rest of the conversation.

CRACK!

The glass shattered into a million pieces, as the wine splashed all over the place like fresh blood.

"Shut up! Quit your lying games! I am not blind! The women in your car yesterday!..." the women screamed as she shot up from her chair in full fury.

Instead of denying or auguring back, the man remained calm and slowly turned to his son.

"Daddy will buy you the latest gaming console how about that?"

The kid sat stunned for a moment, before jumping to his feet in excitement.

"Don't drag him into this! Only times like this you pretend to be a father, then why aren't you like this the rest of the times!?"

"That's enough dear." The man spoke with a thin voice, with angry lurking right under.

"Don't call me dear! Go call your other women honey!"

"Dear..." the man's voice was audibly cracking now.

"I don't want to hear it!" The women stomped her feet.

The muscle tensed on the man's face, like the early signs of a volcano about to erupt, but instead of erupting, his expression rather cooled instead.

"I predicted this day will come." The man said in a cool, almost cold way.

Silence. Followed by several clicking sounds, as the man took a step each time with his hard sole shoes.

And after about a good 10 seconds of silence, the man arrived at a drawer, and took out a folded piece of paper.

Click, click, click.

He walked over to the side of the women's table and gently placed down a paper and a pen beside her.

"Once you sign it, you will never have to see me again. And you will more than enough money, all without working the slightest bit. Don't you think it's a great deal." The man said with his a professional business tone, one that got him so far and rich in life in the first place.

The women glanced at the paper once, but didn't move her hand.

"I will take care of the kid. And you, can go live a happy life of your own."

The women stared at her lap, remaining quiet and still as a statue.

And in the corner the kid just blinked at the whole scene.

Then blinked again.

***

"Ugh..." Wang Tao groaned as he sat up from his bed.

"What's wrong dear?" the girl beside her in the bed asked in Chinese.

Wang Tao stared at her for a moment, then turned and got out of the bed.

"Wait! Where are you going?"

"None of your fkin business." Wang Tao rubbed his forehead.

"What's wrong with you today?" the girl asked.

Instead of replying, Wang Tao walked straight out of the room, and slammed the door behind. Hazy, he walked down the hallway and before he even knew, he was at the balcony again.

A small sound of an object placing down came from behind. And without turning back Wang Tao knew it was his butler. And when he turned around again, a set of tea was placed on the table just as he expected.

Wordlessly, Wang Tao took up one of the tea cups, and took a small sip from it before setting it down.

And it was at that moment, Wang Tao fell to his knees and began to cry.

It wasn't a normal cry of pain, but rather the same cry he had for the past 15 years.

Q: Have you or know anyone who's been in Wang Tao's position before?