Happy (xDemoman)

+Author's note
Carter is just a made up character for this story, also, WE NEED MOAR DEMO LOVE!

She kept herself busy with housework, her husband doing the same. Wide circular motions wiping away dried dust and water streaks, Carter smiled through the window, his eyes meeting (Y/n)'s.

He blew her a kiss from the otherside, and she gave a smile back from the dining room table.

He was always so sweet.

(Y/n) finished up the table and soon turned her attention to the pile of dishes in the sink. The clink and clatter of dishes and the sound of running water filled the room, muffling the sounds of footsteps behind her.

Carter's hands snaked around her waist from behind her; almost instinctively, she gave a little squirm of her hips.

"It's a little hot today honey"

He gave a mischievous grin, but said nothing as he kissed her cheek and undid his arms when they both heard the doorbell ring.

"I'll get it sweetie!"

Running towards the beautifully carved door, he opened it to reveal a Black Scottish man.

"Tavish!" Carter cried, "We haven't seen you in ages!"

Tavish smiled, adjusting a dufflebag slung on a shoulder, accidently crumpling a letter in his hand.

"Aye, it's good to see ye again Carter, I got tha' right place alright. How's tha' wee family dooin'?"

"Great! Great, but come on in, I'm sure (Y/n) will want to see you before we head out to dinner with her parents!"

Rushing the Scottsman in, the two ended up at the kitchen.

"Sweetie! You'll never guess who's here!"

(Y/n) looked up from the sink and saw who came in, a look of surprise on her face.

+++

"Oh? And who are you supposed to be?"

The tall dark man leaned in towards (Y/n), so close she could almost feel his grin near her ear.

"Names Tavish DeGroot, but yoou can jus' call me tha' demolition man"

"Demolition?" She scoffed, "Just what do you do anyways?"

"I break stuff" he said nonchalantly. "And blow em' up when I feel like it"

Turning from (Y/n), he had that shit eating grin when she cried angrily after him, demanding that he tell her straight out what he did for a living.

+++

"S' been a while lass" Tavish grinned.

"Tavish? What're you doing here? I thought you were still at that job of yours?"

"Ah well," he scratched the back of his head. "Ran out of things to break-"

(Y/n) smiled. "Or blow up?"

He gave a sheepish grin, trying to shake off the confused look Carter was giving him.
Before any awkward questions could be asked, she sighed and peeled the rubber gloves off.

"Here, I'll get you some coffee."

The Tavish shuffled towards the table, a sound of a kettle whistling soon followed. Carter would have joined him if he hadn't had a sudden phone call. Smiling apologetically, he excused himself much to the relief of the Scottsman.