please have snow and mistletoe

High school

"It's your last day to purchase candy cane grams!" Louis boomed over the announcements.

Louis was that gay kid that everyone loved. All the girls wanted to be friends with him, which made the guys quite angry as there ended up being no girls left for them.

Zayn was good friends with Louis and his boyfriend Liam. Just as he was with Niall.

Harry was something a bit different to him. But he still didn't know how he felt about Harry.

"It's a great way to leave your significant other a nice message.. If you know what I mean," Louis spoke, and Zayn could hear his wink.

After Louis had said that, the announcements disconnected with the sound of someone calling Louis' name harshly.

Zayn's class erupted with laughter, and the announcements were put back on, Louis' voice going through one more time.

"Just buy your candy cane grams," He said, equally as enthused as he was when he said his first comment. "Get in the Christmas spirit ya' filthy animals!"

The announcements disconnected once again, and Zayn's English teacher, Mr Davies began the class.

"Before we start, I was told to remind you guys to buy your tickets for the Winter Ball, as today is the last day," Mr Davies said, looking around at everyone.

Some were on their phones, whilst others were starring blankly out the window.

Twas the last week before winter break, and at this point, everyone was just tired of school.

Harry sat behind Zayn in that class, and Niall sat in front of him.

"Pst," Harry whispered as Mr Davies went on. Harry tapped Zayn's back, and Zayn swore that his skin burned where Harry touched it.

Zayn turned around, and Harry handed him an envelope.

As Zayn opened his mouth to speak, Harry shushed him, leaning forward and placing his index finger upon Zayn's lips.

Zayn burned.

Turning around, Zayn opened the envelope.

Two tickets to the Winter Ball fell out with a sticky note attached to it. A pencil was in the bottom of the envelope.

Harry knew Zayn always forgot to bring pencils.

I know you're not gay or anything, and since you don't have a girlfriend (which is quite surprising might I add) do you wanna go with me? As friends of course.

Reading those words, it stung Zayn. He hated the feeling.

Pulling the pencil out, he quickly scrubbed out a response.

It'd be an honour.

He passed the envelope back to Harry, and kept the pencil.

"Good," He heard Harry say, and Zayn blushed.

When class ended, the boys met in Harry's car as he was the only one who had his license out of the five.

Zayn sat in the middle back seat, Liam and Niall squished in beside him.

The boys had established days on who sat in shotgun as it always seemed to be a fight.

Today was Monday, Louis' day.

"Okay," Harry spoke, starting the engine and backing out of his parking spot. "I've got a burning question for Liam and Louis,"