5

"I-I can help you, hold on—" he shrieks in surprise as the ground starts to shake again, making him sit on fours.

He looks up and sees the wolf, eyebrows knitted together and his hands are planted on the ground for support. Screams in some direction can be heard again as he hears some loud crash from the distance, he didn't spare a glance with the thought that it'll make him cry even more.

Without wasting any time, he speed walks to the wolf's direction, not minding the fact that he snarls at him. "Do—"

Just then, someone suddenly yanks him back by his shoulder, "Kid, what the fuck are you doing?!" he quickly turns around and saw a very familiar face. He looks at his i.d and found out that—

"You're the taxi driver earlier!" the said security guard, Sihyuk, shakes his head, gripping his shoulders along with the keys on his right hand.

"Indeed, I am. But it doesn't matter now. Who in their right mind would try to save that wolf? He'll kill you!" he shouts, shaking him.

"B-But, he'll die! And—" before he could even finish, the floor begins to shake abruptly without any warning. Taehyung shrieks as he accidentally holds onto Sihyuk's wrist tightly, making him grunt because of his nails digging into his skin. The keys fell and clattered to the ground.

Sihyuk tries to balance himself again and steadies Taehyung by holding his arms.

"Listen here kid, you're too kind for your own good. Go, run away and save yourself!" he turns him around and pushes him, making him stumble forward.

"B-But the wo—"

"Just fucking go!" he looks back on Sihyuk and he saw him already running in a different direction, probably going to save others.

It's not like he's gonna find out that I'm going to save him.

He looks back to the wolf, whose now kneeling while gripping the collar, trying his best to remove the thing. His eyes are closed and his face is contorted in pain as he grows more angry because of his situation. Looking at him, Taehyung can't help but feel pity.

He breathes in deeply, "There's definitely a chance he's gonna kill me. B-But atleast I have something to be proud of before I die." he mumbled, gulping in fear.

He imagines his face which is wide spread around the world with the caption "The idiot that gave a chance for the wolf to escape." while Jimin is right beside his grave crying loudly and shouting how dumb he is. But it doesn't matter now.

He doesn't want a meaningful life go into waste just because of a damn earthquake.

Seriously, how is the wolf's life meaningful for him? He always thinks like that for everyone, I guess.

He stands up and starts to walk until he stepped into something. He looked down and gasped as he saw the keys. He picks it up and runs to the cage.

The wolf, sensing him, opens his eyes and snaps at his incoming figure.

Taehyung pays him no mind and now that he's infront of the said cage, he raises his hand with the keys.

"I'm going to make you escape! Please don't scare m—" he screams as the wolf advances, but stops midway after being choked by the collar again.

He stares at him, dumbfounded. "Really? I'm going to open your cage! Just stop trying to attack me!" he starts to cry again while fumbling with the keys, horrified as his hands are trembling.

Taehyung why are you doing this? You need to stop, why do you have to be so kind?!

The wolf continues to growl at him and Taehyung keeps on looking at the keys' numbers, trying to match it with the padlock. He has no idea why they decided to put a padlock, since he's expecting that machine who has a fingerprint pass or code.

He holds the padlock and he sighs in relief after finding the right key.

"Stop trembling, you useless hand!" he cries out since the key can't go inside because of him shaking.

The wolf growls at him in return. "I'm not talking to you!" he shouts, his hands sweating badly.

The ground faintly starts to shake again and after a few seconds, he successfully opened the annoying padlock.

He throws the padlock and opens the cage, but screams in surprise when the wolf almost scratched him because of his reaching hand.

He hiccups as he speaks, "I thought we were friends already?!" he remembers their first encounter, the wolf didn't kill him.

"See? I'm going to save you!" he shows the keys but the wolf never paid any attention, he just keeps on glaring at him, his eyes currently brown, its natural color.

He sniffs and looks straight at him. I can't go back now, this is now or never.

a/n: im sorry for the way i described the earthquake scene... pls help me if u can come up with a better idea in explaining the said scene, i wont get offended. thank u for reading and waiting! i dont rlly have motivation in writing these days (or months) so im thankful yall still waited ♥