Chapter - 8

Song: Reminding Me - Shawn Hook ft. Vanessa Hudgens

Derilyene's P.O.V.

Everett's taunting voice made me and Ezekiel stiffen. "Yes, you are. So fuck off now" Ezekiel bluntly told him and my eyes widened.

I still hadn't got over the fact that he was an angel who swore like there was no tomorrow.

Presuming things was wrong and Ezekiel was a living example of it. "You curse too much for an angel. I wonder how you aren't a fallen yet" Everett chuckled.

What is a fallen?

Ezekiel rolled his eyes and stood before me protectively. Now I know why Everett was looking at the wall behind me the other day. He could see Ezekiel.

But, does that means he can see everyone's guardian angel? "How is he able to see you?" I whispered to Ezekiel.

"He's a demon" was his only reply.

"But can he see other people's guardian angels too?"

"Yes, I can. Every supernatural can, love" Everett replied for Ezekiel.

Why was he using the endearment 'love' for me, I have no idea but, seeing Ezekiel's jaw ticking I can say he is quite unhappy with that.

"Why are you here?" Ezekiel growled at him.

"I go to this school, duh" was Everett's sassy reply.

"I'm going to ask again. Why are you here?" Ezekiel asked him calmly but, his eyes spoke volumes of anger.

"Tsk tsk you expect me to tell you my plan for my little love here? No, no that's not going to happen" he smirked as he made himself comfortable on the table.

Ezekiel looked like he was about to lose it. I rubbed his back slowly and he relaxed.

"If you think that I'm going to let you kidnap her or possess her or whatever you plan to do with her, you're so wrong. I'm not going to leave her alone now. Not even for a second." He seethed.

"Really? We'll see how that unfolds" Everett smirked at him, drumming his fingers on the table.

He got off the table and strode towards us, having a menacing smile on his face and I gulped. He suddenly looked so... scary.

Ezekiel pressed his back in to me, assuring me he wouldn't even let him touch me.

Everett stopped in front of Ezekiel and grinned at him and that's when I shaw those pointy sharp canines. My eyes zeroed in on them and I felt myself going cold because of fear. I felt beads of sweat forming on the back of my head.

It always happened when I got scared to death. The last time being when Shawn met with an accident.

"See you soon, Ezekiel" Everett said in a creepy manner and went out of the library. I still didn't move. I was terrified after seeing his canines.

Ezekiel turned around and hugged me tightly rubbing my back.

"W-What does he w-wants fr-om me?" I stuttered feeling afraid of him. What could a demon from hell want from a 'measly' human?

"I don't know but I promise I would find out soon." He whispers in my hair. "Don't worry, I won't let him get you. I won't leave you alone even for a second" he assured me softly.

The rest of the day I couldn't focus in school and it didn't help when I had Everett in most of my classes.

He kept giving me side glances the whole day and it was unnerving and scary as hell. When school got over I literally ran to my home even after being assured by my Guardian Angel that he wouldn't let him touch me.

I still felt scared and paranoid.

Who knows if he's keeping an eye on me by some way or the other?

When I reached home, I went in to my room and I didn't feel hungry because I had already lost my appetite.

I got under my blanket and stuffed my face into my pillow.

Ezekiel sat beside me on my bed playing with the strands of my brown hair.

"Why didn't you come sooner?" I asked him absentmindedly.

"What do you mean?" He asked trying hard to pretend to be confused. I sighed "If you don't want to answer just say 'no' and I wouldn't bother you."

I turned into a fetal position like I always sleep and covered myself completely under the blanket.

I felt Ezekiel hugging my body from behind "Showing yourself to the one you protect is against the rules. I wanted to break it the moment you fell into depression but, I couldn't but one day I decided it was enough and I came to you" he told me softly, his face stuffed in the blanket.

I turned to face him and brought my face out of the blanket "What happens when you break a rule?"

"I don't know. The punishment is decided by the creator himself" he sighed.

=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•

Here's a new update! I hope you guys like it!