Chapter - 12

Song: Heart Attack - Enrique Iglesias

Derilyene's P.O.V.

"What work?" I asked. "I have to go there to find some things about you" he said gently stroking my bandaged head. "What things? You could ask me anything" I looked at him confused.

"I've watched over you for a long time and I know everything about you. What I meant to say is, to search some things about your family" he said to me.

"Why don't you just spill it?" I asked irritated.

"I want to know why the so called King wants you and to do that I'd have to go and look in your family tree because you're as human as one could get" he said, his golden eyes turning hard with anger for the 'king.'

I decided not to ask anything about the 'King.' The last time I asked him, he got pretty angry.

"Don't worry about me, I wouldn't go out of the house. I doubt my Mom would force me to go when I have this" I said as I pointed towards my head.

"You still need to take care. Especially that demon" he said, a scowl forming on his face by remembering Everett.

"I don't think he's going to come here again because he didn't get a nice welcome last time" I grinned.

The next morning, Ezekiel was gone. I could not feel his presence. I was home alone since Mom & Dad had work and Shawn went to his college of course.

After having breakfast and bandaging my head, I didn't realise when I fell asleep while watching tv.

I was standing in front of a castle. The castle was white in colour and the sun shone bright on top of my head. The castle looked beautiful under the sunshine.

I noticed there was something off about the castle. I was getting no 'living' vibes here. That's when I noticed that all the windows of the castle were completely shut. No amount of sunlight was going inside it.

Are these people the living dead or what? I decided to walk inside the main gates of the castle and look around.

There was no one in sight. Not even a single person. Is this castle abandoned?

When I went behind the castle, I found a beautiful garden. I was looking at all the different types of flowers that I had never ever seen in my life before when my eyes fell on the backdoor which was slightly ajar. Might as well look inside since no one is around.

I stepped inside the castle and the aura suddenly changed. It was at least shining outside. Inside the castle, it was a different story. It had dark vibes, dimly lit hallway and it was made sure that no amount sunshine entered the castle.

I felt a chill of fear run down my spine. I hated dark and I was barely able to see where I was going.

After blindly taking a lot of twists & turns I reached a large hall which was fully lit. It was beautiful with a large chandelier hanging in the centre. My eyes fell on a throne sitting against the wall. Beside it was portrait of a red-eyed man who was devastatingly handsome with black hair and defined cheekbones & jaw. I had never seen someone this beautiful in my life.

I walked closer towards the portrait to look closely at his red-eyes. That is such an uncommon eye colour.

The only time I heard of red-eyes was when we were discussing about 'albinism' in our class.

I looked at the throne and I noticed a velvet box perched on it. My legs automatically took me to the throne and I picked up the box. It had beautiful patterns on the top.

I opened it and found a golden coloured comb in it. I furrowed my brows. That's not weird at all.

I heard someone coming towards the throne and I turned around to see the man in the portrait dressed in Victorian clothing entering the hall. H suddenly stopped and inhaled deeply. I gulped when he looked at me. His red eyes were intense. His gaze fell on the box in my hand and I saw his whole demeanour change in a second.

Anger flickered in his eyes which soon changed into rage. I looked at him alarmed and he was in my face in just a few seconds. How did he do that?!

"What are you doing with the box?!" He roared and I felt my ears ringing.

He suddenly grabbed my neck and my eyes widened "Who are you?!"

Not being able to breath, I passed out.

I jolted out of my sleep with sweat trickling on my forehead. That was a strange dream. I've never had a dream like this. Maybe I hit my head too hard and some funny part of my brain has woken up.

When I sat up on the couch, I heard something fall on the floor. I looked under the couch and my eyes widened sheen I saw the same box as my dream.

Shakily I picked it up and opened it to find the same comb from my dream resting inside there.

I dropped the box from my hands and created a large distance away from it.

What the actual fuck?!

How did I bring something from my dream in the reality?! That's not supposed to happen, is it?! What about the man who was choking me? Is he here too now?

Ezekiel. I need Ezekiel right now. Only he can help me.

Don't panic, don't panic, don't panic, I chanted in my mind.

I got up to drink some water when I heard the doorbell ring. I looked at the clock to see it was one in the afternoon.

No one is supposed to be home this early. Maybe Mom or Shawn has come to check up on me. I opened the door and my eyes widened in shock when I saw who was standing on the door with a smirk plastered on their face.

A/N: A huge twist. Things are going to get very interesting now.

I'm sorry for the late update. I have three stories to write and I was focusing on my other one for sometime. :)