Chapter - 10

Song: We Wanna - Alexandra Stan & INNA ft. Daddy Yankee

Derilyene's P.O.V.

                        Just when he said that Ezekiel punched him so hard he fell on the floor and I gasped. Hearing the heavy thud on the floor, Shawn & Derek barged into the room and their eyes widened when they saw Everett groaning on the floor.

"What happened to him?" Shawn asked looking amused as he made no attempt to help him. Derek, on the other hand, was snickering.

Ezekiel was breathing heavily and I decided I should help Everett up before Mom comes and sees him sprawled on the floor. I got up and helped him up which made me receive a deadly glare from my guardian angel.

"He lost his balance and fell off" I told them and glared at Derek and he stopped snickering immediately.

Just when Shawn & Derek reluctantly left Ezekiel smirked at Everett "Looks like I can do a lot when so many people are around."

I saw Everett's demeanour change suddenly. His eyes turned completely black with no trace of his brown eyes left and two sharp fangs elongated in his mouth.

My eyes widened and I made an attempt to get away from him but he was too quick to notice and yanked me into him. "Now now, how about I have a taste of your blood? Or your soul? Since the King himself wants you, there must be something about you" he said as he sniffed my neck.

My body froze in fear and my mind stopped working for a minute. Who is this King who wants me now?

Ezekiel's whole body shook in anger and I knew he was holding himself back because there were people in the house. His beautiful golden eyes turned red and my eyes widened seeing the rage in those red orbs.

"Not a beautiful sight to see, is it?" The demon taunted as he rested his head on my shoulder his arms tightened around me.

"Let her go before I wipe out your existence!" Ezekiel roared his voice indicating a menacing promise.

"That's not going to happen" the demon shook his head and licked my neck. I feel so disgusted and afraid at the same time. "Too bad I can't have the taste of it since he wants you alive" he muttered under his breath.

Suddenly Mom entered and she froze mid-step. Her eyes narrowed on Everett's face "Nice lenses & fangs you got there but don't you think that's too soon for Halloween honey?"

I mentally face palmed myself and felt relieved at the same time. "Some family you have got here" he chuckled as Mom went back in the kitchen. Ezekiel took his distraction as advantage and snatched me out of his grip.

His red eyes turned golden as he engulfed my body in his wings and stuffed his face in my hair. "You are alright" he said relieved.

Mom called us for dinner and surprisingly, the demon went home after eating dinner and buttering my mother about her special cooking skills.

"That guy was undoubtedly hot but something about him screamed 'douche' to me. I would advise you to stay away from him or you could call me anytime to fix him up" Shawn said as he cracked his knuckles.

I nodded and went to my bathroom as soon as he left and cleaned my neck with soap. I felt disgusted.

I slumped down on my bed feeling drained. Ezekiel pulled me on his lap and started running his hands in my hair. I sighed feeling relaxed.

"Who is the King?" I asked him and he stiffened.

"Let's not talk about him for now" he said and I nodded "Okay but I don't understand why is he after me. It seems like he has a purpose."

"Stop talking about him" he snapped as he fisted his hands in my hair.

Here we go again. He never wants to tell me anything and gets snappy. I heard footsteps outside of my room and I got up ignoring a pissed off Ezekiel. I opened the door and found my father who was about to knock.

He smiled seeing me "I haven't seen you in days. Come on let's have father-daughter bonding time."

My father always came home late and went early for work so I only got to see him on Sundays and today was a rarity seeing him home before midnight.

I went in to the living room and Derek was already present but Shawn was no where in sight. We are used to have Derek in our house all the time.

A cranky Ezekiel followed us in the living room but he made no attempt to talk to me or even look in my direction. He settled on a farthest chair and stared straight ahead looking at nothing in particular.

This angel has more anger issues than an average person. "How is school?" Dad asked me as he changed channels on the tv.

"It's the usual. Boring" I said and he chuckled. Derek was busy on his phone. "Where is my oldest?" He asked. "He's finishing an assignment which is due tomorrow" Derek smirked.

"You finished it already?" I raised my brow at him.

"Yeah" he blinked. "That's sort of strange seeing how you are..." I trailed off and my father laughed.

He rolled his eyes and diverted his attention back to his phone. I reached for the water on the table and I had just taken a sip when my father asked "Is there something you are excited to tell me about?"

"No?" I asked as I chugged water down my throat. "Are you dating someone?"

This made me choke on water and I started coughing badly. Derek's attention was now on me and I saw Ezekiel's eyes dart in my direction before going back to staring at nothing in particular again.

Dad rubbed my back and after a few minutes my coughing stopped "N-No I am not" I croaked out.

"Alright but, I think you should because you never go out of the house and you are always alone" he said softly to me.

I blushed " I think I'm quite alright without one right now." Here my father was advising me to date a guy.

Derek's attention went back to his phone and Ezekiel was still moping around.

A/N: What do you think of Ezekiel's temper problems?

Who is this King who wants Derilyene now and for what?