Chapter - 13

Song: Steal My Girl - One Direction

Derilyene's P.O.V.

            I pushed the door on Everett's face and locked it. Did he not go to school? He started knocking on the door. "Let me in, love or if you don't then, I've my other demonic ways to come inside which you wouldn't like" he taunted.

There is no way I'm going to unlock it for him.

"Okay, then. If you won't let me in then I guess I would have to invite myself in myself" I heard him saying outside the door and I backed away from it. What do I do? How do I stop him?

Would a cross work on a demon? I think it should.

I ran upstairs to my room to find the cross necklace which my mother had given to me when I was little. I started rummaged through my drawers and I couldn't find it.

"Where did you go? Hmmm... I'm catching a distinct smell upstairs" I heard Everett taunt. He has come inside!

I ran to my closet and locked it from inside.

I heard footsteps entering my bedroom. "You know that lock won't exactly keep me outside" he said amused.

Crap! He is right, it won't.

Suddenly, my gaze fell on a box in the corner which was covered a little by my shirt. I quickly picked it and found my necklace inside it.

I found it! I hastily put it around my neck and hopes that when the time comes, it saves me from this demon.

"By the way, I can't see that bitchy guardian angel of yours. Where did he go? Last time I remember, he promised that he wouldn't leave you alone even for a second" I heard him right outside the closet door.

"I'm giving you an option again, love" he sighed and then continued "Either you open it for me or I open it for you."

I remained silent.

"Fine, I'm coming in then" he announced.

There was nothing inside the closet which could help me in hurting him except the cross. I made a quick prayer to god before backing myself further into the closet which wasn't very big.

The door started shaking violently and my heart started doing flips because of how scared I was.

Suddenly, the shaking stopped and everything became silent. I looked around in anticipation.

The door opened slowly and I saw Everett standing there smirking at me which scared me so much that I felt my body turning into a glacier. What scared me the most that he didn't look human.

Piercing black eyes stared at me, white sharp fangs poked out of his mouth and two huge black wings came out of his back. Oh god. It hasn't been even a day since Ezekiel left and I'm going to die.

"You don't like this look? Such a shame because I love it" he said and continued "But since you don't like it I'm going to change back into the 'mundane' me form" he chuckled.

I saw his wings retracting and his fangs going back inside and finally, his eyes going back to normal which made me calm down a little. He smiled a creepy smile and stepped inside the closet. "Nice clothes you have here" he said running a finger on my clothes.

"What do you want?" I dared to ask.

He looked at me and then his eyes zeroed on my forehead. "What happened to your head?"

That's none of your business, demon! That's what I wanted to say but I didn't because I don't wish to die.

"I fell off the stairs" I replied.

"Hmm.. It's so suffocating here. Come on outside, I promise I won't hurt you, love" he said as he stepped out of the closet.

Nope, I don't believe him. Even a bit.

Seeing me hesitate he said "If I wanted to hurt you, I would have done it by now."

I slowly started coming outside and when I entered my room, I ran ten feet away from him. He made himself comfortable on my bed. "By the way, if you think that the cross is going to help you keep me away then you're wrong" he said "I hate to disappoint but I'm a demon of higher rankings and just a cross won't work on me."

I felt my heart drop. There goes my only saviour. There's no one to save me from him now.

"Why are you here?" I asked, leaning on the wall beside my bedroom door so when the time comes I can run from here.

"To meet you, of course" he grinned showing his fangs and I gulped.

He is absolutely lying. He is here for some ulterior motive.

"By the way, I saw a special box downstairs in the living room. The question being, how did you get it?" He looked at me curiously.

Should I tell him that I brought it out of my dream? What if he laughs at me? But if a demon can exist looking like a human then I'm sure I wouldn't sound insane.

"It's is my mother's" I lied and I saw him lifting his brows at me. "I mean, it was my nan's and she passed it to my mom."

"Oh really? Did your grandmother happen to be the vampire king's dead wife in the other dimension?" He asked scornfully.

"What?!" I screeched and then added quickly "I um, no, I didn't know that."

He stood up and started stalking closer "How did you get it?"

"U-um I" I looked at the door beside me. I could make a run out of the house.

"Don't even think of running away. You and I both know who's going to win at that" he warned and stopped a foot away from me. "I'm going to ask again, how did you get it?"

I remained silent and he looked impatient. Way impatient.

"If you don't tell me that in ten seconds, then I would forget everything about my promise of not hurting you. Choice is yours, love." He said as he stared down at me and I stood rigid, panicking inside.

"I brought it out of my dream" I said quickly fearing for my life.

"So that's why he wants you. Impressive" he said as he turned around and from his face, I could gather that he was thinking hard.

"Who is he?" I squeaked.

"He is someone you'd never want to deal with" he said as he turned around and looked at me with hard eyes.

A/N: How was this chapter?

I hope you guys enjoyed it!