Chapter 18

(The following chapter is provided by the memories of Bellona from her own personal journal)

I arrived home soon after. The orb lay broken in my hands, small pieces of plastic scattered around. I had used one of one my last teleporters and I had no idea when I would be able to get another- the mages didn’t seem to sell them anymore.

I have already sent Michael away. It is for his own good, although he may not see it that way. As I could not tell him the truth I informed him that I did not love him anymore. This was the only way to get him to leave me. I just want him to be safe.

I am not sure how much longer I have left. If what I have seen is to truly unfold than it may be only a couple of years, although I wish for longer. I know that after Chris has completed his mission he will track me down and eliminate me, for he will believe I am the only one to know. That is why I have written this, I’m sorry reader if this code did not make much sense to you but the spell forbade me to write in English.

Hopefully my trainee will have helped you decipher it. Or maybe you are them. I shall need to find you soon. There are a few children living in the city, although none are the gifted, but there are some new couples as well. Maybe one should bare the blind sooner rather than later. I would hate to not be there to help the next soothsayer blossom.

After a couple of hours, attempting to sort out my thoughts on how I could stop this future, a knock arrived upon my doorstep. I instantly jumped. Surely Chris would not send anyone for me already. I must be overacting, it was probably a neighbour. They often brought me food or clothes.

Opening the wooden door, I was shocked to see a boy perched on the wall leading up to my house. His head turned towards me at the sound of the door opening and instantly burst into a wide grin.

“Auntie,” Archer exclaimed.

I peered around the boy, searching for a chaperone of some kind. It appeared he came on his own.

“What are you doing here child?” I asked as I rushed him inside.

Archer sighed, “Rose stole my video game again. Mother sorted it out by making us play together but you know what Rose is like on first person shooters. So, I went to talk to Mother and Father but they were having an argument and the twins were crying. Also, I saw you leaving the castle so I came to talk to you.”

I shook my head in amusement. I loved Archer dearly but he was one to talk if you didn’t stop him. His mop of dark hair, which he refused to brush, covered his ears, probably making it so he couldn’t hear himself half the time.

“You didn’t steal Sky again, did you?” I wondered.

Archer sighed, “it is not stealing if she’s owned by my family, is it?”

Another problem Hazel always found with her teenage son was the mischief he caused. It always seemed innocent and good natured as he didn’t see it as the trouble he was causing. Sky, the Pegasus, wasn’t let out often and especially wasn’t taken to Terra Nova.

“So why did you leave in such a hurry?” Archer asked as he perched himself on the arm of the sofa and began crunching into an apple.

I knocked him onto the seat of the sofa, which rewarded me of a small giggle from the boy. “Your Father lost his temper with me.”

Archer nodded thoughtfully, “was it anything to do with your vision?”

I looked at the boy in shock, but then realised my mistake. His mage markings were still clear upon his forehead; I knew that, Hazel had mentioned it. At fourteen he was not old enough to know his speciality but he had already shown great power and skill. Of course he had picked up on the surge of power that had hit me, if he was close enough.

“Some people are in great danger Arch,” I muttered sadly.

“Oh no, it’s that bad?” Archer muttered.

I nodded but realised Archer hadn’t been listening to me properly. Feeling a small tickle near my hair, I quickly understood what he was doing. The weight of the spell fell away as Archer used his magic to move it off of me. I could feel it hovering in the air above me. Archer had moved the magic by controlling my aura and placed it where it wouldn’t work. Only experienced Mages could even think of doing that.

“It won’t last. Sorry Auntie, I’m not strong enough to get rid of it completely,” Archer apologised.

I wrapped him up in a large, bone crushing hug. “That is perfectly aright my impressive boy.”

“So, tell me what my Father forbade you to,” Archer commanded. He used his added royal strength to allow me to overcome the final entrails of the spell.

“Your family is in grave danger,” I warned him.

Pausing, I considered what I was about to say. I knew I couldn’t tell him the whole thing. He was too young to take on his father alone, even if he was super powerful. He needed time to practice and hone his skills else he would never make it. Of course, he would find out what his Father had done, but not for a few more years. Then surely he would know to wait before doing anything.

A tear appeared at the corner of my eye. I wanted more than anything to stop the horrors that were to come but there was no chance of that, I knew that now. Even if Archer told others of what I had seen they would be unable to believe him and the king would persuade them otherwise and probably get rid of Archer in the process.

No, I could only set in motion the action that would save the lives of the princess’. At least they would be able to help him in the future.

“Your Father is about to do something terrible. You must not make him aware that you know, else there will be no one to change the outcome,” I explained quickly, willing him to understand my concern. “Go home tonight and act as if nothing has changed. I believe that, in the next month, he will cast a spell.”

“And you would like me to stop it?” Archer immediately jumped to attention; already heading for the door.

“No,” I commanded; dragging him back down. “It will be too powerful for you to stop. He will use a blood spell.”

“Then I will simply save the damsel he is planning on killing,” Archer proclaimed also as confidently.

I shook my head, desperate for him to understand. “You can’t, for then he will use you instead and the ‘damsel’ will still die. Instead, after the spell is cast, you must save those it was used upon.”

Archer seemed confused and slightly deflated. “How will I know who it is used upon? Will there be a burning village or something?”

“No, I’m sorry but you’ll have to trust your instincts and follow the light.”

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So, thats the last part of the diary. Just putting that out there in case anyone got confused in the next chapter. Thank you for reading and I'd love to know what you think. Do you like Bellona and Archer? What do you think Bellona saw in her vision? Tell me all your thoughts!

Love you ballon animals