friends?

hey everyone! I hope you enjoy the update xx, have an amazing day! I will be updating again soon hopefully! sorry it took me so long, I've been going through a lot recently and have been super, super busy, but don't forget to vote if you like it:-))

<Lindsey's pov>

I could barely sleep at all that night, it was so awful, and for the second time since I had been here, I was truly scared of harry. I was also scared for my own life, now that I knew how easy it was for him to snap. I still couldn't believe that he had actually hit me, I knew he was mad because I didn't love him and everything, but he said he would never hurt me. I decided that I needed to get away from him, I needed to put distance and space between us, and he would just have to live with that. I lied in bed until morning, trying not to toss and turn too much, not wanting to wake Harry up because then I would have to interact with him. Around 9am, he started to move around, slowly opening his eyes, rolling onto his side so that he was facing me. I turned the other way, avoiding his gaze, but his hand reached out and pulled my wrist, making me fall onto my back, my face facing the ceiling. "Linds?" he asked softly, as if he was afraid, as his hands slowly reached out to touch my face. I flinched, and I didn't miss the hurt in his expression as he realized that I really was afraid of him this time. "I'm so sorry, baby, you know I didn't mean to do it, you know that. I love you so, so much," he whispered, as I stayed silent, not daring to even move around in bed. "Please," he begged, "look at me, talk to me, say something, please." He sounded so upset and sad, good. "Stop," I said to him, breaking the silence. I rolled back over, facing away from him, cringing as he still tried to move his body closer to mine. I wiggled my body out of his grip as he sighed heavily, hearing him run his hands through his hair, pulling at it out of stress and annoyance. He moved closer to me again, "you cant avoid me forever, baby, we live in the same house," he said, giggling to himself as if I was here on my own free will and had a choice. I scoffed at him, rolling my eyes even though he couldn't see, "I can try," I said back, with obvious annoyance in my tone. I didn't really care if he was mad or upset, nobody has the right to do that to somebody, especially when they've already taken them out of their comfort zone and invaded their space. He got out of bed, and I rolled onto my back again, sneaking a few glances at him. His hair was messy but somehow still tamed, and his boxers were hanging rather lowly on his hips, showing off two tattoos above the waistband. I always loved tattoos, I thought they were very interesting, and I always loved knowing the stories behind them, because I was always curious. I wondered if they meant anything, or if they were just random and meaningless. He had others on his chest, and almost a full sleeve down one of his arms, the brightness from outside the curtains streaming in lowly, the light hitting him perfectly. If things hadn't been this way, and he was just my boyfriend or somebody that I was interested in, he would have been an extremely beautiful sight. It pained me to think this, because of what he had done to me and how he had hurt me so many times, but I was still too afraid to escape, and he never left me alone. He was very, very attractive, and I didn't really understand how he wasn't in a relationship, or at least hooking up with many other girls, as he seemed like the type to get around. Maybe he did, and I just wasn't aware of it, but he was almost always here with me, still not trusting me at all. I didn't blame him though, as we both knew that I would attempt escape with every chance he would give me. "Linds?" Harry asked, breaking me out of my thoughts of him, making me feel slightly awkward that I was thinking of him like that, as he was standing in front of me. "Uh, uh, yeah?" I asked back. "I will have a few friends over, tomorrow, to the house, alright?" he spoke, as my heart started beating quickly. "This was my chance! I would be free, finally, and I could go back home and get him in jail forever!" I thought to myself, smiling. "I don't think so, love. They know about you, all of my closest friends do, so don't you go around begging for them to help you or let you out, because they wont. My friends are loyal and they are good people, they wouldn't betray me like that," he said. I thought about what he just said to me. How can he call them good people when they see me trapped inside a house with him against my own will and don't help me? He was literally a psychopath, and I needed to find a way out, hoping maybe one of the friends would be a good person for real and do the right thing, the humane thing.  "When are they coming, Harry?" I asked him curiously, needing time to plan how I was going to get away from him. He walked over to me, "come downstairs, we can talk about it there, okay?" he said and I nodded my head, getting out of bed and pushing him out the door, locking it so I could get changed in peace. I finished changing and walked downstairs, being met with Harry in the kitchen, putting a frozen cheese pizza in the oven. "So how does this work, then? do I just stay in the bedroom all day? what will you be doing?" I asked, bombarding him with questions. I almost didn't care that they may not help me out, I just needed to see other people besides just him, it was driving me crazy. "Well, there will be three guys and one girl over, they are all good friends of mine from school and work. they all know about you, like I said, and they all know the truth about everything, so don't be telling them things that aren't true, because they won't believe you and they will tell me everything, believe that." I nodded, encouraging him to continue. "they will be over around noon, though I'm not sure what time they will be leaving, we will just be hanging out and talking about some stuff, we will probably order some food or have a meal, and watch a movie, I don't really fucking know honestly, we'll just have to see." I nodded, hopefully I could at least roam around the house or something while they are all busy, and I will find something useful. We waited until the pizza was ready, taking it out of the oven and eating it up. I thanked Harry afterwards, walking back upstairs and getting back into bed. He followed behind, and I asked him if he had any books or magazines for me to read, since he had of course taken my phone and hidden it somewhere, and my laptop was back in my apartment. He said he had some in another room, so he left the bedroom and emerged a few minutes later with about ten different books, ranging from 'the adventures of huckleberry fin' to 'the great gatsby,' making me happy as I finally had something to do with my time. I thanked him and grabbed the books, setting them down on the night stand, opening the first one up, and beginning to read.