"I will help you escape"

Hey everyone! I hope you enjoy the chapters that I have been posting recently! sorry for the weird hiatus, i've been super, super busy with college work, so many tests and exams! I hope you enjoy this chapter though and vote on it! that would mean so much to me! Thank you!

<Lindsey's pov>

I wanted to believe that Harry wouldn't have raped me or done anything to me again, but I think I know that that isn't true. I knew that he would have done anything to maintain his power and dominance over me.

That knocking on the door sounded like heavenly music to my ears, that is until harry threw me down a flight of stairs, nearly killing me as I could have landed on my head or neck. It's almost funny how he claims to be so in love with me, yet he hurts me almost every day and sometimes without even trying to. There was a pause between when I heard harry lock the door on me, and when I heard the next set of voices enter the home. There were two people that I could hear clearly, and they both sounded very distressed and angry, and they were both mad at harry, or so it seemed. Harry didn't seem too happy either, as they were all talking to each other back and forth, cutting each other off and trying to speak louder than the other.

On one hand, my heart felt like it was sinking down and dying because it wasn't the police as I had desperately hoped it would be, but at least there were other people who were angry at Harry for what he was doing to me. That's what I assumed at least that they were talking about. I didn't really know anybody in Harry's life, so if it wasn't the police, who else could it be?

Suddenly, the door opened to the basement, and I scooted away, as far as I could from the staircase. I heard a females voice, and I knew I had recognized it, but I was too afraid to let my brain register who it was at first. She stepped into the light and I saw her; Julia, standing in front of me, smiling sympathetically. "Hey, Lindsey," she said to me quietly, as I smiled softly and said hello back. "I can't believe you're still here... oh my god. I can't believe he still has you trapped here, after all of the stuff on the television!? I don't know what his plan is, but I'm sorry, I'm so, so, sorry," she said to me. I nodded and thanked her, agreeing with her. "What happened to your wrist?" she asked me, as she grabbed my wrist to investigate further. She gasped when she realized that it was a bruise, from harry, from holding me too tightly. "Lindsey.. you need to get out of here. I'm going to help you out of here, okay? But you cant tell harry, please, he'll kill me if he finds out I'm going to help you," she said to me quietly and I nodded. Was this all just a trick though? Maybe harry had put her up to this, to see if I would break and give in to trying to escape. "Please tell me you aren't lying, that he didn't tell you to say this to me," I said to her and she shook her head quickly. "He would actually kill me if he found out that you got out and escaped because of me, really he would, so no, he didn't put me up to this to trick you or anything, I promise," she said to me. I believed her, and hoped with all of my heart that I wouldn't regret it.

After a few minutes of her assuring me that everything would be fine, Julia walked up the stairs and knocked on it, and I heard the door unlock, and there was light for almost a second, before it closed again. I heard Julia's voice, but I couldn't tell what she was saying to them. They spoke for a few more minutes, before I heard them say bye, and leave, as Harry slammed the door shut instantly, locking it up again. I waited for Harry to open the door and say that I could come up but he never did. A minute later I heard the television turn on, leaving me all alone in the dark basement once again.
What was he going to do with me? Would he treat me differently now that he knew people were actually looking for me? Would he kill me even though he claims to love me so, so much? I didn't know the answers to any of the questions I was asking myself in my head, and honestly, I don't think I would want to know.