Part 1- The vikings' dying breath

It had been months since Kraven's escape and the birth of Braixen's Eevee, and the search for the Viking villain had led Xavier and Shade to the shore of the island of Taruna, an uncharted land in Verana's map archive. The terrain looked rather smooth at first glance. As Shade and Xavier approached, their appearance was recognised.

"I think they've finally found us, my love."
Zap told Braixen as they watched from the ruined tower they stood in. It wasn't a great home, but it had been their refuge for a long time.

Kraven had gone back to using the name Zap after the fall of his Viking clan. Keeping that name only reminded him of all he had lost.

"What are we going to do? You know they'll kill you."
She replied.
"You can't match them both."
Zap grinned.
"I don't plan to. Hide our little Eevee. He needs to be kept safe. If I fall today, he will rise and avenge me. I have faith in him."
Zap was confident that his plan would work, and the time had come to execute it.

Shade gripped his halberd tightly.
"He won't get away. Not this time."
Shade was more determined than ever to stop the Jolteon that had evaded him so many times; he would do it here and now.
"Remember, we're also here for Braixen. She'll also pay for what she did."
Xavier told Shade.

It had been revealed that Braixen had freed Kraven after investigating the cuts on the bar. It was clear they had been made by a spear head.

"Yes, I know. But I'm here for a bigger purpose."
Shade replied. Their orders were clear: Arrest Braixen, kill Zap and if possible his young son. The Viking flame would be extinguished here, and their ashes would blow away in the wind, marking the end of their existence. Issued by Queen Blaze herself, Shade was perfectly happy to oblige by her orders. He had wanted this moment to come for almost a year now.

Xavier examined the land from the ship using a telescope. He couldn't see anyone there, but the sources they had talked to and looked at lead to this island. He had to be there.
"I can't see him..."
Xavier stated slowly.
"Keep looking. He's here. I know it."
Shade replied. After a few minutes, Xavier spotted the tower.
"I see a tower. It's in rather poor condition; it looks like an abandoned structure, built by the samurai."

Shade hadn't given a thought about the samurai. He had never even seen them before, and cared not about them. It was quite possible they were still on the island.

Soon enough, the ship finally reached the shore, and the two set off further into the unknown land, not being able to guess what to expect. It wasn't long before they ran into Braixen.
"I just saw Kraven! He went that way. If you hurry, you might catch him!"
She pointed to her left with her spear, the opposite way to the tower. Xavier shook his head.
"Not this time, sweetheart."
He shield bashed her in the face before attempting to grab her. She squirmed free, jabbing him lightly. As he pulled his paw away, she ran, causing Xavier run after her. Shade attempted to join him.
"I'll catch her! You find Kraven, before he escapes!"
Xavier told him, causing Shade to nod and run to the tower as Xavier disappeared after the sly Braixen.

Shade entered the bottom floor of the tower, looking up. He couldn't see anything out of the ordinary. The red wood was rotting, crumbling and covered in moss and vines. It was clear the tower was in a state of great disrepair. He ascended to the second floor, the stairs creaking and groaning as he walked. He wasn't confident that they'd hold for long.

Finally making it to the fourth floor without noticing anything, he noticed a corridor. He had seen one on each floor, but this one was rather well kept. Suspicious, he entered cautiously. He knew Kraven could be around any doorway with his weapons ready. That's when he heard him.