022 | crystal snow

this one-shot is inspired by ai no scenario (honeyworks) and crystal snow of bts.

Prologue

She was amazing. 

I'm a fool. 

She was summer.

I was winter.

Still, I hope her smile doesn't disappear like snow.

I hope this season will last forever.

I hope we can still see each other, until the end.

Even if it takes forever,

I want my next step to be with you.

---

December 17, 2017

Jeon Jungkook's P.O.V

The snow is falling down from the sky, as I can feel the cold breeze flowing. As I passed through every person, I can hear their voices through the quiet night.

It's winter. And I remember her, again.

"Jungkook! You're so slow! Let's go already!", she said as I got up from the swing and sighed. It's been cold for days and I think I couldn't go to school. I feel like I've been in a fever.

I hate winter. As much as my personality is the same with this cold season, as people say it was, I'm the opposite. I hate the cold.

But... this girl. As bright as she is, she loves winter. She looks like summer, but it's the opposite of what she was. Her smile, her smile could warm my heart. She was warm, I was cold.

"Jungkook? Spacing out again? Aish, you really hate winter so much."

She walked towards me and all of the sudden, she held my hand. I was taken aback by what she did, but suddenly, she smiled at me.

This smile, again.

"I'm warm, you're cold. We're the opposite, but fate really brought us together, since the start. We're the best of friends, Jungkook." she said as she hugged me.

I felt warm in your embrace, Snow.

"S-snow... you startled me, hugging me suddenly like this..." I muttered as I felt myself blushing. She's the first girl who hugged me like this, and I liked it.

To my surprise, she just chuckled. "Stop being shy, please. And stop calling me Snow, I have a name, you know," she let go of the hug and looked at me, pouting. "It's Yerim. Ye-rim, Jeon Jungkook."

I just pinched her cheeks while smiling, she's too cute to handle. "Okay Yerim, let's go?" She cupped her cheeks while pouting. "My cheeks are in pain because of you, tch." 

I just smirked and walked past her. She caught up and walked beside me, still cupping her face.

"It's cold..." I heard her mutter.

It's cold, I know.

I arrived at my apartment while removing my boots and jacket. I walked towards my room and laid on my bed. I stared at the ceiling, remembering everything back then.

I closed my eyes, as a memory has been played again in my mind.

"What are you doing these days, It's winter you know."