32 | photographs

p/s a seulmin one-shot guys lol. it is really inspired by ed sheeran's photograph <33

She heaved out a sigh as she stares at the bunch of photographs in front of her. She was just visiting her old apartment, as she misses it dearly after 6 years. She was just a college student back then, but she made so many memories in that place. Those memories that she wants to forget, but still lingers in her mind.

A box suddenly fell from her cabinet as the bunch of photographs scattered around the floor. She immediately tried to hold back her tears as she saw her old memories printed on a photo paper, and basically called, photographs.

She sat on her empty bed, as she burst into sobs. She cannot handle it anymore. She misses him. She stood up, reluctantly grabbed a piece of the photo as she sat on the floor. She stared at the photo of him and her, smiling as they hugged each other in the midst of sunset. She remembers how he always brings his camera whenever they go on some trips and dates. He keeps on capturing their moments, those moments that she doesn't want to forget.

She averted her gaze into another photo again, it was her and her best friends. How she dearly missed them. She treated them as her sisters back from college, and they always got their backs whenever some people bully her for being a shy, clumsy nerd back then.

A photo caught her attention. It was him and her, on their last date, if she remembers it clearly. She remembers how he kissed her beside a lamppost, particularly in front of her house. She was indulged in that particular magical night that she can't even sleep.

But when tomorrow comes, she didn't even think that he was gone-- forever.

She hugged the picture, placing it on her chest as she wept. Her necklace, that he gave as his birthday present when she was sixteen years old, shined on her chest as the sun's heat from her windows crept unto her.

Inside of it was a photo of her and him. And some promises, that she cannot even fulfill.

She knows that loving can hurt. She knows those memories will always hunt her and every time it does, she just cries. Feeling relentlessly weak.

She knows that loving can heal. She knows that those memories will not keep her alone, as those memories will always be there to make her happy when she reminisces those old happy times.

And especially those photographs- his photographs, because of that, she can always see him. She can just put it in her ripped jeans, or in her diaries and when she sees it, it will just make her happy or sad.

Kang Seulgi smiled, as she slowly collected and put the bunch of photographs back into the box. As she put on the last one, she immediately stopped when she saw that photo was a box of a diamond ring, in a bunch of sunflowers. Apparently, he took a photo of it before he gives it to her, as their souvenir. She looked at the back, and she cried again, for the second time. There was a handwritten letter at the back of the photo, making her slump back against the floor and cry.

Dear my baby bear, Seulgi

I know it is so sudden but I want to thank you for everything that you have done for me. We grew up together, we even became partners in crime, even though you're shy and reserved. But I'm thankful you changed for me. You became a better person, a better best friend, and a better girlfriend! Aish! Am I too cheesy?

I know we have so many trials in the past. You, being constantly bullied while me, acting as your knight and shining armor! You're a princess or even a queen babe! Nothing's gonna change that!

I love you. And you know that. But little did you know, I love you so much that I even want to give you more and more happiness! Spending my whole life with you would be my greatest happiness. My greatest achievement in life.

Kang Seulgi, this photograph is the last photo I will take before I will take you in front of the altar. I will end this fluffy rollercoaster ride of ours and I will get to the point of us being together after 6 years or even my 18 years of existence and maybe ever since I was born. Who knows? Fate knows that we will be together, the moment it laid its eyes on us.

Kang Seulgi, I love you so damn much. Will you marry me?

- Park Jimin

p/s I know you're kissing me before you will read this letter. you love my kisses, babe. ❤

She sobbed harder, as she read the last statement of his letter. Her heart aches so much. Why does she found out right now? Out of all times?

But why, now? She's too late...

She suddenly saw something shining from the box where the photographs were in. She reluctantly gets the shiny thing that she saw, and she didn't realize that it was the diamond ring from the photo.

She stopped her breath as she stared at the ring. The ring that ends their young love and the beginning of them together, forever. A single tear dropped from her eyes as she smiled.

She must be happy. He proposed, right?

"Sure... I will marry you, Park Jimin..." she muttered as she slowly put it in her ring finger as the sun's heat, for the second time, crept through the windows more brightly, letting those photographs shine more than usual.

"We will be forever, soon... Seulgi. I will marry you again." Jimin smiled as he saw Seulgi, with those photographs and her ring in her hand, shining like diamonds. He heaved a sigh of relief as he disappeared, as he looked at her for the last time.

"I promise."