A Trucker's Road (Penny x Reader)

"Alright, make sure that she's secured in place and that she reaches her destination safely, understood?" James Ironwood commanded to his soldiers.

All the soldiers were busy outing their latest project, Penny, into a truck. She was currently 'sleeping' in a glass with suspenders all around her, keeping her in place. When the soldiers were done with the preparation, they closed the truck and walk towards their position, except one.

"Preparations are done, sir!" said the soldier.

"Everything double checked?" asked Ironwood.

"Yes, sir!" the soldier responded.

"Alright then, send Swift to my office," he said as he walks away.

"Understood, sir," said the soldier as he walk towards the driver.

-Moments later-

"You summoned me, General?" asked Swift, the truck driver.

"Correct, Swift. As you are aware, I trust you to bring Penny to Vale safely. But I prefer to be better safe than sorry. So that's why I called someone to keep an eye on you midway," he explained.

"You don't trust me?" she asked.

"It's not that I don't trust you, Swift. It's because I fear that our enemy will try to steal Penny and use her for their own evil intentions," Ironwood responded.

"Then I can understand that, sir. If I may ask, who is this person and how will I recognize them?" she asked, curiously.

"All that we know about this person is his nickname, 'Upgrade', and his location is always temporary visible. It was a miracle we actually managed to hire him fro this mission," he said in a serious tone.

"So... he'll basically find me on the way," she said.

"Basically, yes. Now, you'll depart in ten minutes," Ironwood commanded.

"Understood, sir. May I see you in Vale, General Ironwood," said Swift as she departed.

"May I see you as well, Swift. And same counts for Penny," he said with a smile.

"Of course, sir. You can count on me," she said, finally walking away from the office.

-Meanwhile, Outside Ironwood's Office-

"It seams Atlas is about to depart," said Roman, looking through the binoculars.

"Neo, is everyone in position?" he asked, looking away from the soldiers.

'They are. All that's left is for us to go,' Neo wrote down on her notepad.

"That's great to hear. Now then, let's depart. The others are probably waiting for us," he said, walking towards a car that he stole not to long ago.

Neo nodded as she followed him and sat in the passenger seat.

-2 Hours Later On The Road-

Swift was driving cautiously through the landscape, keeping an eye open for this 'Upgrade' person. She was still a bit suspicious, but as long as he was on Atlas's side, or the good side in general, any help is welcome. Suddenly, her Scroll rang.

"Hello?" asked Swift to the person on the other side of the line.

"Greetings. Swift, I presume? How is your journey?" asked a male voice on the other side.

"Who's this?" she asked in a serious tone.