The Road to Recovery (Penny x Reader part 2)

A lot of chaos has happened for the last couple of days when Beacon fell to ruins by the attack. No one saw it coming or was prepared for it, especially during the Vytal Festival with... Penny's death. Once all the chaos has calmed down, some of the Atlas Soldiers managed to recover all the broken pieces and transported them to Atlas.

That happened a week ago. All the scientists were working hard, trying to repair her the best to their abilities, but they're starting to lose hope.

"G-general Ironwood? I know it's none of my business, but... how is the progress on Penny?" asked Swift nervously.

"*Sigh* I fear that it's not going well, Swift. And I understand why you're asking. You and Penny were good friends before... all this," said James, with a worried expression.

"W-what do you mean, general?" Swift asked in a worried tone.

"The scientists, and her original creator are losing hope on repairing her," he responded.

"N-no. T-that can't be true," she said as tears started to form.

"I fear so, Swift. And there isn't much that we can do," he said as he looks with a sad expression towards the window.

Swift looks down with disappointment, but then she remembered something.

"I... know someone who can help us," said Swift, barely breaking a whisper.

"Did you say something, Swift?" James asked.

"I know someone who can help us, but he won't like what I'm about to do," Swift said with a worried expression as she pulls out her Scroll.

-Middle of Nowhere-

"Dear Oum. Vale is pretty much on it's way to Hell right now. I just.... wish I could've been there to help them," I said as I turn off the radio and focus back on the road to Vacuo.

Suddenly, my Scroll started to ring. I pick it up and noticed that it was Swift Scroll number. It has been some time since I talked with either Swift or Penny, and I hope that she can cheer me up with how things are going right now.

"Hey Swift. How are things going in Atlas?" I asked, trying to sound cheerful.

"Not great. And I fear that it's getting worse," she said.

"What's wrong?" I asked in a worried tone.

"It's Penny. She...broken," she said, in a sad tone.

I immediately hit the brakes on my truck and drove to the side of the road.

"Where. Are. You," Isaid in a serious tone.

"Atlas Military Base, with James Ironwood," she responded.

"Wait at the entrance. I'll be there in an hour at most," I said as I hung up my Scroll.

I put both my hands on the car and used my semblance to at least half it's capacity. The cars tarted to morph and change shape. The exterior started to shrink and wings started to grow. The engine started to grow and the motor started grow more powerful. Seconds later, the transformation is complete. The truck has been transformed into a small jet.