chapter 8- Amen

Logan's Pov (12hours later)

1,294

"What are you doing?" I asked agitatedly. 

"Praying to god," Asher simply told me and got on his knees. 

I mentally slap myself and roll my eyes. "Yeah, I know that," I growled. "But, why," 

He shrugged his shoulders and clasped his hands together. "I'm praying for the moth," he stated as it was the most obvious thing ever. He gestured towards the dead moth on the floor and looked at the ceiling. 

I looked at him like he was crazy.  "It's a moth," I told him dumbly and he glared. 

"It was a living creature," he said. I pinched the bridge of my nose and sighed deeply. 

"Yeah, but-" I started but was cut off by Christopher. 

"Just let him pray, man. I mean, come on, it's Asher we're talking about," he reassured. "You can never understand Asher," 

I rolled my eyes and laid back on the couch. Daniel let out a chuckle and sat down on the floor.

"Yesterday he was crying because someone threw a piece of scratch paper in the trash," Daniel laughed at the memory. "He went on this whole hour rant on how society is messed up and that Americans don't recycle," 

I let out a stiff laugh and looked at Asher who was on his knees. "OH dear lord!" he yelled and I held back a chuckle. 

"Please welcome this BRAVE moth to heaven with you. Give him a peaceful life and KILLER party," Asher yelled and Daniel started to laugh. Asher turned to glare at Daniel but Daniel just continued to laugh. "Let him live in the heavens with you and remember that every life matters," 

He got up from the floor with his eyes still closed. He held his hands together and bowed while saying "Amen," By the time he was done, Daniel was dying on the floor while Christopher mumbled an Amen. 

I rubbed my temples and let out a sigh. "I am surrounded by idiots," I mumbled and Daniel slowly got up. 

He wiped his eyes and let out a chuckle. "Wow, that was the best thing I have ever seen after opera," he told us breathlessly. 

I got up from off the couch and rolled my eyes. "I'm starting to second guess my decision on friends," I stated. 

Christopher ran a hand through his hair and shrugged. "I wasn't exactly ecstatic when we became friends," he stated and I was about to respond when the slam of a door stopped me. 

"I'm home!" yelled my little sister. Allison walked into the living room and gave me a goofy smile. 

"Hey, Logan," she greeted and I gave her a curt nod.