chapter 10- Rocket Science

"They weren't crying because they were weak, they cried because they had been strong for too long,"

Arden's pov.

I groggily opened my eyes and immediately closed them from the brightness of the room. I moaned from the pounding headache that had formed in my head and looked at my surroundings.

I was currently my bed, with a blanket over me. The glass had been picked up and the picture frame was gone.

The things that I flew on the floor last night had been neatly placed back on my dresser, just the way they were. My eyes widened as I thought of someone being in my room.

Who did this?

I slowly peeled the sheets from my frame and got up. My legs buckled under me but I grabbed onto the nightstand. I ran a hand through my hair but stopped when I felt a not and groaned. I stalked towards the dresser and my eyes almost popped out of my socket.

My eyed were red and puffy from all the crying and my mascara was running down my cheek. My face looked extremely pale and silky. I scrunched my nose in disgust as I continued examining myself.

My face looked like it had been to the butcher shop with my black eye and my swollen red nose. There was dry blood on my forehead along with a giant bruise. My ribs ached and I lifted my shirt to see them bruised badly.

My hair looked like a rats nest with hair sticking out of my failed attempt of a ponytail. The hair tie was already at the bottom of my hair and I currently looked like George Washington.  My lips were chapped and my throat was in desperate need of water.

"I look like I just crawled out of hell," I told myself, my voice hoarse.

I limped towards my dresser and picked out a plain sleeveless, white tee and light blue denim jeans that rolled up to my ankles. I grabbed a pair of underwear, bra, and white Toms. The gruelling pain from my ribs made me wince slightly.

I went to my bathroom and took a quick shower, rubbing my eyes and skin until it was raw. I felt disgusted with myself for crying.

Crying was a weakness.

I walked out of the shower and quickly changed into my clothes, slipping on the shirt and pants. I looked at myself in the mirror and frowned slightly. My hair was damp and resting on my shoulders while my eyes were still puffy and red.

I grabbed some concealer and put it in the bags under my eyes. I grabbed a little bit more and used some for my head and nose. I didn't bother to use it for my ribs since I wasn't going to lift my shirt up anytime soon.

I decided to leave my blonde hair out and combed it, wincing once or twice from the concussion. I used my hands to tame my hair and quickly brushed my teeth.

Not bothering to put any mascara on since I already looked like a Barbie doll, I walked out of my room. I trudged slightly, walking down the hall and into the kitchen.

I silently prayed that Landen wasn't in the kitchen but god wasn't on my side today. Landen was sitting on the bar stool, sipping his coffee and reading the newspaper silently.

He looked up, with a smile on his face as he saw me. "Arden," he whispered.

I ignored him and walked past him, purposely bumping into him. I grabbed my backpack that was laying against the front door and swung it around my shoulder. I turned the cold metal knob and stepped out to the busy streets of New York.

"You can't ignore me forever!" I heard Landen call.

"Watch me,"  I mumbled.

I blended in with the people that were rushing down the street. I made my way to the bus stop, limping slightly but not showing it on my face.