ᴛᴡᴏ

The day was calm. The weather felt nice. There wasn't any sunlight, but it wasn't going to rain, the air was cool, not stuffy, but calming.

I drove past multiple stores and crashed cars. The place was a ghost town. There was not a single sign of life. The sound of gunshots rang throughout the almost empty area.

My ears perked up and I took a sharp left down E. Broad Street. I sped up and took another sharp turn. There stood two people who looked completely fine. No zombies. One of them was just carelessly shooting at the sky and the other one--

My breath hitched as I recognised the familiar face. A huge smile spread across my face and I roughly parked infront of them. My wheels creating skid marks on the road. I should be more mindful of my vehicle, the poor thing's breaks won't work anymore if I keep on treating them roughly.

I was about to exit my car but stopped as I remembered one of them had a gun and he seemed very trigger happy. So being the cautious person I was I searched for my gun holster and strapped it around my thigh then proceeded to strap my gun in. If Trigger Happy decided to shoot me I would shoot him.

I finally got out of the vehicle. I let out a very strange bird call that only the familiar face would recognise. Columbus perked up at the sound and hurriedly walked towards me.

"M-" He got cut off by me jumping onto him.

"It's Dayton now," I flashed as cheeky grin and squeezed the life out of him.

"Damn, I missed you so much. I could feel myself slowly loosing my mind without you around," I released him from my hug and turned to the person who awkwardly stood there watching our mini reunion. He seemed tense. On guard.

I mean who wouldn't be on guard in a zombie apocalypse?

"False alarm, she's just a friend of mine," Columbus calmed down the man.

I looked at Columbus and put my hand on my chest where my heart should be. A hurt and offended look was plastered on my face.

"Just a friend? I've been around you for all of your golden years, even afterwards. I raised you to become the person you are now. I think I deserve better than "Just a friend" don't you think?" I ranted over-dramatically. He just rolled his eyes and proceeded to correct his statement.

"Alright, she's the most amazing person I've ever met and I wouldn't trade her for any other best friend," He gave me a look silently asking if that was better. I nodded in approval.

I turned to the other guy and extended my hand for a handshake, "Hey, as you probably already know, I'm Dayton and you're?" I trailed off at the end waiting for a reply to my question.

He came out of his guarded stance and shook my hand. His hands were pretty rough compared to mine, but I didn't care. It just meant he handled things roughly and he did alot of dirty work.

"Tallahassee," he simply answered.

"Well Tallahassee, I can't wait to fight along side with you," I flashed him a cheeky smirk and squeezed his hand a bit before letting go.

I turned back to Columbus and ruffled his hair. He swatted my hand away and cleared his throat, trying to hide his embarrassed.

"Introductions aside, I have to ask. What on Earth was that driving? Were you trying to crash? You could've lost control you know? Were you even wearing a seatbelt? And what about those poor breaks? Parking recklessly like that is gonna get you killed someday!"

He shot question after question, worry laced in his tone. He began to check over my arms and face, making sure that I wasn't injured. I held in a chuckle. He was such a mom sometimes. Same old Columbus.