ᴏᴏᴏ

"Hey 408, I hope you don't mind me suddenly skyping you, but I have this new toy I just bought and I really want to show it to you," I smiled at the familiar face that appeared on her laptop screen. Columbus leaned back in his chair.

"No it's fine. I wasn't doing anything important," He raised an eyebrow and shook his head.

"I present to you, Apollo," exclaiming dramatically I brought out a metal baseball bat. It was the brightest but mattest shade of silver I've ever seen and had caution tape spiralling around it.

"Wow, that's..that's amazing," I rolled my eyes at his attempt at sounding enthusiastic. His eyes drifted back to something else on his screen while I tested out the amount of force I needed to break a skull.

"Sure. I just wanted to show you and by the way," he looked back at me. "I'm coming over later to play and I'm bringing Apollo just incase you decide to turn on me during the game," He nodded and bid me goodbye.

I shook my head and chuckled. Typical 408. Leave it to him to be playing an online game while talking to his closest friend.

Columbus and I met in highschool, he was a freshman and I was a senior. Back then I made myself quite a reputation as "the psycho chick". I'm not a psycho, I'm just over-informed and skilled. But because he didn't really know me well he tried his best to avoid me.

But on one faithful day as I was making my way to my happy place, I found his scrawny little body sprawled out comfortably and he was playing a video game. I didn't really care when people did things like this since I had no ownership of the piece of land so I just mentally agreed to coexisting.

He didn't notice my presence until I gave him a little tip that went a long way with all his games. Our friendship slowly formed from that day onward.

Even after I left highschool and went to college I would often visit him at the school. I also decided in my four years of visiting to play around with all the bad people's minds. It sounded wrong out loud and that's why I never said it out loud.

It was an interesting day when we found out we lived in the same apartment building. It made sense when you thought about it, the building was near his college and near my work location. Everyday after that discovery we'd come over to each other's homes at the oddest times for things like homework and food runs.

Columbus, after everything, became my comfort and happy place, and I could confidently say that I was his. I couldn't be more grateful for him.

I smiled and shook myself out of the little mental montage. At first I thought about going in my pyjamas, but decided against it when I remembered the one time I walked in on a group project, wearing crab pyjamas. They were cute pyjamas, not gonna lie, but the little babies were traumatized.

I changed out of my pyjamas into something casual, sweatpants and a tank top. I slipped on my sneakers, grabbed a bag with all my gaming equipment and left with Apollo dragging across the carpeted floors.

Columbus didn't live far, like only a couple floors above me so I just had to walk a few flight of stairs before I could reach his apartment.

Casually twirling Apollo in my one hand I reached his apartment and was about to knock like a normal person until I heard a scream. It sounded scratchy and animalistic, and unsettled me greatly. I quickly dropped my bag and attempted to open the door, but to my absolute luck, it was locked.

Thinking quickly I grabbed a pair of metal chopsticks from my bag and started picking the lock. When the door unlocked I picked up Apollo and began to silently walk around the house.

I could hear a male speaking as I rounded the corner and identified him as Columbus. Another piercing scream followed his mumbles, according to my ears, and that's when I decided that I might actually kill someone.

Columbus was standing there with the ceramic lid of a toilet tank and infront of him was a very ugly woman. No offence, but she really looked unhealthy and dead. Her skin looked burnt and had a mixture of all the colours of the rainbow, mainly green and blue.

I believe that this is what society called, a zombie.

I never thought I would see one in real life, but life is unpredictable. It's like watching a movie and seeing something super scary and disgusting only to realize the movie you were watching was a documentary. Anything was possible.

I saw her quickly advancing on Columbus ready to attack him, but he was quick to act though and hit her with the lid. I mentally cheered proudly.

I then realized she wasn't officially dead yet when she twitched and slowly got up.

"Hey bata bata swing," As she was on all fours I ran and swung at her with Apollo, effectively cracking her skull. I hit her again once she was back on the ground. Just to make sure.

Disgusting, ugly piece of shi-

I breathed heavily and looked up to meet Columbus's eyes. His eyes were wide with shock and fear. Shock for me and fear for the deceased zombie. He was holding the lid to his chest.

Infection, infection, infection, disgusti-

I dropped Apollo and grabbed the lid from his hands, dropping it onto the zombies head. Now

I stared him dead in the eyes and said, "Pack your stuff you're moving in with me,"

He didn't even hesitate.