ᴛʜʀᴇᴇ

Everyone sat in silence. Tallahassee was pissed. Columbus was in his little boy heaven feeling content. Little Rock and Wichita were hostile. Out of all those emotions I was on the middle ground.

"Thank you, Wichita. Thanks, Little Rock," Columbus turned in his seat slightly to smile at them.

Tallahassee used the opportunity to grab the gun from Little Rock's hands while she was distracted. She yelped when he pointed it at her.

The car came to a screeching halt and Wichita immediately took out a gun. She pointed it at Tallahassee and sent him a heated glare. He quickly switched targets and pointed the gun at her instead.

Feeling threatened, I pulled out one of my guns and pointed it at Wichita as well. Two against one. I thought about getting a second gun and using Little Rock as leverage, but decided against it.

Columbus got annoyed, "For fucks sake, enough!!" He yelled at us and turned around in his seat "we are being chased by ravenous freak! We don't have enough problems? "Oh they stole my Hummer. Oh we have trust issues. Oh I don't like them. Period." Well get over it!"

"We can't just fucking driving down the road playing I Spy or some shit for hours like four normal-ass americans? Fuck me!" He breathed out once he finished his rant. I stared at him wide-eyed, completely shocked at the way he snapped at us.

"Woah," I breathed out in a whisper.

"I know," He agreed.

"Let me be the mature one," Tallahassee commented and put away his gun first. Wichita and I followed, the tension diminishing a little bit.

"Good," Columbus said pleased and finally relaxed back in his seat.

There was silence for a few moments before he decided to speak up again.

"So, where you guys headed?" He questioned both females trying to fill up the silence.

"Pacific Playland," Little Rock answered. I perked up at the name. Old memories of my favourite place began to resurface.

"The amusement park?" Tallahassee asked amused.

"Wait, outside L.A.?" Both Columbus and I questioned at the same time.

"Yeah, we went there as kids," Little Rock responded and sent the two a smile.

"Ah, that place is awesome," I exclaimed, a child like grin spread across my face as my voice laced with excitement.

"That place totally blows," Tallahassee mused and let out a little chuckle.

Wichita and I both shot him a glare.

"My mind. It's so fun. Just good entertainment for the whole family," He quickly saved, intimidated by both our fierce glares.

"Yeah, we went there as kids too. In fact, this probably counts as off-season," Columbus piped in, pointing at me and himself.

"Well, did you guys hear? There are no zombies there," I wasn't surprised by this information. Pacific Playland was Plan C.

"Yeah, we heard. You know what? I may not shoot you, but you have still royally pissed me off and I'm not going to play with you at Pacific Playland," Tallahasse informed Little Rock still salty about the hostage situation.

"Don't worry, he grows on you," Columbus tried to assure Wichita.

"Really?" She asked sarcastically.

"No. It gets worse," he replied, leaning more into his seat, slightly embarrassed.

"Okay. How about we play the quiet game? Yeah? Starting now," Wichita suggested, irritated with all the talking.