December 20th (2)

Picture ©️ いち | k_akjt on twitter

———————————————

Akashi Seijuurou hated his birthday.

He didn't hate it when he's small, if all, he loved it. Because back then, when his birthday came, his mother would spend all day with him and do whatever Seijuurou asked for. That's the happiest birthday he ever had.

But since his mother's death, he forgot how to spent his birthday. It's not like noone celebrate it with him. Actually, all the maids and butlers at Akashi residence always celebrated his birthday as extravagant as they could afford. But a birthday without feeling in it would feel dry and dull. It was a cold birthday, as cold as the winter season.

He didn't mind it when he's in Teiko and Rakuzan. There was WinterCup so he just spent it with not much anything to do.

As of now, after he graduated from Rakuzan and attended university, his father set a birthday party and he should greeted all the attendance. They were all his father's business partners. It's a party to introduced Seijuurou to the society.

Being Seijuurou, he stood for his father's expectation, even though he should let go of his precious time with his beloved spouse, Kuroko Tetsuya.

The party was held in a ballroom of a hotel Akashi Corp. owned. It's really extravagant and last until almost midnight.

Seijuurou already told Tetsuya so he didn't expect a thing in his birthday, just like the passed birthday he had. He also told Tetsuya that he would spend the night at his own room in that hotel.

Once the party ended, he thanked all the attendance and rushed to his room. He hung his tuxedo and loosened his tie. Only now he was able to checked on his phone. He found Tetsuya's mail, asked him to send a reply if the party has ended. He's about to wrote when he heard a knock.

He's still holding his phone when he opened the door.

In front of him, his beloved spouse was smiling and offering a box of cake.

"Good evening, Akashi-kun. May I come in? I want to celebrate your birthday, just the two of us."

That surprised Seijuurou. But he's quick to came to his sense.

"Sure, come in."

He let Tetsuya in and locked the door.

"How did you know that the party has ended?"

"I waited for your reply in the lobby, just in case the party ends early. I don't think that it will end this late."

"How long did you wait?"

"Eh? I don't know?"

Seijuurou took Tetsuya's coat and hung it near his tuxedo.

Then they sat on the kotatsu in the middle of the room. They sat across each other. Tetsuya opened the box of cake and lighted the candle. It's just a simple choco-strawberry with vanilla coated cake, and a candle in the middle of it.

"Before you blow the candle, you have to make a wish first."

"Sure."

Seijuurou closed his eyes and made a quick wish. Then he blew the candle.

"Happy Birthday, Akashi-kun. Thank you for being born to this world. I love you. And please take care of me from now on too."

Seijuurou smiled to that. But unconsciously, a tear flew down his cheek.

"Eh? Eh? Akashi-kun?"

"Ah, sorry. Thank you very much, Tetsuya."

"You're welcome. But why are you crying?"

"I don't know either. Maybe it's because it's been so long since someone being thankful of me being born to this world."

Heard of what Seijuurou said, Tetsuya moved to sat beside him. He looked at Seijuurou and smiled.

"From now on, we'll always celebrate your birthday together. And I'll always say I'm thankful that you're born to this world."

"Yeah. From now on, let's be together forever."

And they kissed to seal their promises.