Unexpected Loss

So before I get into the chapter, I just wanna say shout out to all of you, seriously a few days ago, or maybe weeks depends when this gets published, we broke the 100 follower mark. Thank you all so much for the support you're all giving me. Anyway by popular vote, the choice all of the above won. Also, I will be adding Neo so all you Neo fans out there reading, she will be joining the book soon enough. Anyways on with the story.

Rubys POV

Dream

I was walking through Vale with my team and we were all having a good time. Suddenly I was all alone and the world became dark. I looked around and saw a flash of light in the distance, as I ran towards the light, I noticed a figure standing in the pillar of light. It was (Y/n) and he seemed different.

Ruby: (Y/n), are you alright?

He did not respond, instead all he did was laugh maniacally. I was scared, this was not the (Y/n) that I knew. Suddenly the pillar of light surrounding him turned into a pillar of darkness, his aura erupted into a black and dark purple and engulfed him entirely. He turned and faced me and the quickly rushed me, all I saw was darkness.

Dream End

I woke in a state of shock, I was breathing heavily and after awhile I calmed myself and looked around the room.

Ruby: *sigh* It was only a dream, that goodness

I quietly hopped down from my top bunk and walked as quietly as I could to (Y/n)s bed. I expected him to be gone but to my surprise, he was sleeping peacefully. I knew I shouldn't wake him but I need some comfort and I didn't want to wake the others.

POV change You

You were enjoying a nice sleep when suddenly you felt yourself being shaken awake by someone whispering to you. As you slowly opened your eyes, you realized it was Ruby who was trying to get your attention.

Ruby: *whispering* Hey (Y/n), are you awake?

You: Yeah, what is it Ruby?

Ruby: See I had a nightmare, and well...I was wondering if I could sleep here for the rest of the night

You: Sure, I don't see a problem with that

You moved over as much as you could without falling out of the bed. Ruby quickly climbed into bed and she quickly fell asleep again. You turned on your side and closed your eyes, once again falling into a deep sleep.

Timeskip

You felt yourself being woken by someone shivering in your bed. When you open your eyes and looked to see who it was, it was Ruby. She had little to no covers from the bed as it was a small bed. You grabbed your scroll and looked at the time.

You: It's only 4:30 am, guess I'll go back to sleep

After laying back down, you noticed Ruby was still shivering so you decided to do something to help warm her up. Over the years you noticed that if you focused really hard, you could control the aura that emits from your body while using your Ultra Instinct. And seeing as how you noticed that this aura often gives off heat when using it, you learned to control the aura and give off that heat to warm your body when you were cold. That's how you never got sick from the cold nights. You slowly activated the aura and the slight blue color outlined your body just enough to where only you could see it, but it was enough to warm up Ruby as she had slowly stopped shivering. You closed your eyes but could not fall asleep this time.

You: *sigh* It's gonna be a long morning

Timeskip

POV change Ruby