Chapter 5

"Father I'm sorry for whatever it is that you think I'd done." Six year old me said.

I was in the dungeon i had gotten dragged out of my room and haven't been able to have visitors.

I sat silently crying.

"Katherine." My sister greer said.

"Greer, get me out of here please." Tears streamed down her face.

"Your not father's child. Mom had an affair." She said.

I shook my head.

"What does that mean."

"It means your a bastard, and father said bastards need to be punished."

I shook that memory out of my head.

My father always treated me differently and would punish me for the mistakes my siblings would make all because my mom had an affair.

Although mother would hate to admit i know that when she looks at me she sees the mistake. I see the hatred in her eyes for me.

I was knocked out if my train of thought when i saw two men sword fighting i walked to where they were and watched.

When they saw me they stopped and bowed.

"Your majesty you shouldn't be in here." The blonde one said.

"Do you mind?" I asked. He handed me the sword.

"You sure your majesty." I nodded.

Charles pov

My aunt walked in my room.

"Hey." I said she crossed her arms.

"What?" I asked.

"You kicked her out if the room?" I shrugged.

"She should learn to follow rules."

"Look at you! What would your father say if he saw you right now." She yelled.

"He probably would still be here if he didn't fall in love with that back stabbing bitch!"

She gave me a warning glare.

"She was your mother and not all people are like that." I shook my head.

"My father fell in love and was betrayed by his wife the one he loved and was killed! I will not be betrayed because I thought i was in love." I said.

She shook her head.

"Do you think Katherine's like that?"

"Did you think my mother was like that?" She was quiet.

"Exactly." She walked to the door and opened it.

"Well she's obviously hiding something about her past something painful so don't be so mean to her." And with that she closed the door.

I groaned and threw everything off of my bed.

I decided to go and apologize to her i went to her room.

I knocked on the door and there was no answer. I tried again. I rolled my eyes and walked in to see it was empty.

She better not be Kinly. I continued walking down the hallway when i heard swords clicking i walked to where i was hearing it and saw her.

She was fighting one of the warriors and she was doing a damn good job.

I walked closer to get a better view. That's when Loui saw me and stopped she stopped also and turned to see what he was looking at and saw me.

"Your majesty. I-"

"Go!" I said he ran out.

She looked at me.

"I'm sorry i know that a lady shouldn't sword fight and I understand if you want to punish me and-"

"Punish you?"

My heart did a sort of churn. She really think I'd do that. How could she think so low of me. I sighed. I'm always so mean to her of course she'd think that low of me.

Her head was down and she was shaking.

"It's okay Katherine calm down. I'm not mad." She let out a relieved sigh.

"I came to apologize to you." She looked at me surprised that I apologized. She nodded.

"Ok."

She stood there looking at me with those beautiful green eyes.

"Right, sorry." I said. She nodded.

"I forgive you, even though I don't know what I'm forgiving you for."

"Don't push it Katherine I usually never apologize to a woman, especially if I'm her king." I joked.

She instantly submitting as if she had forgotten that. She was no longer smiling.

She's such a peculiar girl. My aunt is right she's hiding something and i want to know.

"Who taught you how to fight like that." I asked she smiled.

"Noah."

"Who's that?" I asked.

"You wouldn't know him."

We stood there for a while before I decided to talk.

"Do you still want to go into town?"  She nodded.