Chapter 17

I pictured Austin Butler as James

When i walked away from Charles i went to get a quick drink when.

"Your majesty I've got that for you." James said handing me a glass.

I rolled my eyes and walked away.

"Your still mad."

I didn't say anything as he followed me.

"So your not gonna talk to me?"

I picked up a mini plate with food on it.

"If anything i should be mad at you." I instantly turned around to face him.

"What? You mad at me! I tried to save you." He smiled.

"What's so funny?"

"I got you to talk to me." I tried to give him a serious look but failed. I soon gave in and laughed.

He smiled.

"I'm..... sorry. I shouldn't have joked like that." I nodded.

"I too want to apologize for overreacting about the whole situation. I just didn't want another person to die and it be my fault." He walked closer to me.

I sighed and took a sip of my drink when i looked around and saw Charles talking with that Diane girl. She put her hand on his shoulder.

I rolled my eyes and brought my attention back to James.

"You do still owe me a dance since you tried to kill me." I smiled.

"Fine." I said he smiled taking my hand and leading me to the dance floor.

He spun me around and I giggled as we danced.

"Did i tell you that you look magnificent Queen Katherine." I blushed.

"Again Lord James I'm a married woman." He laughed.

"Yes to-"

"James,can i have this dance with my wife." Charles interrupted.

"Speaking of the devil." He joked. I smiled and looked at Charles who still was looking serious.

James looked at me and smiled taking my hand.

"Katherine i will see you later, hopefully you won't try to kill me." He joked earning a laugh from me.

Charles took my hand and started dancing with me.

"Stay away from him." He said.

"Your jealous."

"No he's dangerous."

"James is the sweetest man I've met." I said.

"Stay away from him."

"Your obviously jealous." I said.

"In order to be jealous i have to have feelings for you. Which I don't." I snatched my hand away from him.

"Charles I know what your trying to do, it's not going to work. Your not pushing me away." I said.

"Katherine we will ever only be married in name only we will never have a relationship. As soon as you get that through your head everything will be good." He took my hand pulling me closer to him.

"This is just an alliance." He said.

The music stopped and I pulled away from him.

"Have a nice rest of the night Charles." I said walking away from him.

I walked to the door and was stopped by James.

"Katherine, why are you leav-" i wiped my tears.

"What's wrong? Why are you crying?" He asked i shook my head and walked out.

"Did he make you cry?"

"Please James. Just stay out of this." I said.

"No! He doesn't make the queen cry." He said walking back into the ballroom.

"No James!" I followed after him.

Damn it! What did i just do.

So I figured I'd leave it off on a cliffhanger.

I hope you enjoyed this chapter.