Chapter 21

I was sitting in bed, I had my night clothes on and was sitting at the edge of the bed. I swung my feet back and fourth counting the lines in the ceiling.

I sighed and walked to the balcony looking out at the stars. I smiled.

"As a young child they always say, if you wish upon a star all of your dreams will come true. Well they lied because I wished on this same star for years and here I am still very unhappy." I pointed at the star.

"You have really failed me star, I'm so disappointed in you." I looked at the star leaning on the balcony with both hands.

"What? don't you have anything to say? Maybe like an apology for making me believe that you can take all my problems and pain away."

The star was just there. I sighed and laid my head on my hands.

"I know I know, those were just fairytales so I'm the dumb one for wishing that my dreams could come true right." I laughed humorously.

"No." A voice said. I jumped.

"Sorry, I didn't mean to scare you." It said again I looked down from the balcony and saw Kinly.

"Want to talk about it?" He asked. I smiled and nodded.

"Anything to keep me awake."

He smiled.

"Okay I'm coming to your room."

————————-

We were laughing.

"She did what?" I asked surprised.

"She took all of her clothes off and told me to meet her in the water." Kinly said.

"And did you?" He smiled.

"Katherine dear, I'm a man of course I did."

I laughed.

"Why don't you want to go to sleep?" I shrugged.

"Because I want to stay up with you and talk." I said. I rolled his eyes.

"Okay the truth."

"Because -" the door opened and Charles stepped in. Kinly stood up rather quickly.

"Brother." He said. Charles looked at Kinly with the most serious face. Even I started to get a tad bit nervous.

Charles then smiled at Kinly.

"Can I talk to my wife?" Kinly nodded walking out.

"Hi-"

"Why was he in here?" He asked.

"We were just talking."

"Talking about something that you couldn't talk about with me your husband."

"With all due respect you haven't been much of a husband to me." I said.

"I haven't been much of a husband! I'm here aren't I! You talk to me about things not him! Or James!"

I crossed my arms.

"You have no right to be mad at me! You pushed me away! You told me you didn't love me! What do you want from me Charles! I'm trying Okay I'm trying to be the Queen that you and this Country deserves but you are making this so impossible for me! You make me feel like I'm just this terrible person who intruded in your life-"

"Katherine-"

"No Charles I'm not done! You listen and you listen to me clearly. I am no longer gonna let you treat me like I'm just this annoying little girl that you can't stand. I'm done."

"Katherine I wasn't-"

"And you will never talk to me the way you did at that ball ever agai-"

"Katherine I love you!" I stopped at his words.

"What?!"

"I love you, and I'm sorry. I-Ive been an ass and that's only because I don't know how to deal with my emotions but please please I beg of you don't be mad at me. I don't deserve your kindness and forgiveness and I know nothing about love but I promise you I will try to love you as best as I can." He said. I smiled.

He walked over to me slowly and stroked my cheek with his thumb. He brushed his lips against mine lightly before deepening the kiss.

He grabbed the back of my neck holding me closer to him as the kiss intensified. He pulled away so that we could catch our breaths.

So he finally confessed his love for her!!! Yay!!