Chapter 9 Backtrack

Hey guys! Author here. Sorry for a long wait. I've been kinda lazy about writing recently. Well, recap time.

You helped the Teen Titans fight Deathstroke. Deathstroke figured out something you didn't want anyone knowing and you weren't very happy about. You got reckless in the fight and you almost lost because of it. Now you are home and have someone to talk to.

Now, without further adieu, and further *cough cough* procrastination on my part *Cough cough*, let's get to it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Your POV

I lay on my back and take the arm off my eyes to see the girl from earlier today. "Well, Sorry. I had to do something." I say.

"It's fine. I saw your fight with Deathstroke." She leans over the arm of my couch and gets her head over mine.

"Huh. Wait. How do you know about that?" I look at her.

"You forgot?" She asks. 'He doesn't remember me?'

"Uhhhhhhh." I look at her.

"You did forget." She pouts a bit. 'And after all that fun we had as kids too.'

I think really hard about what she just thought. Then it clicked. "Oh. OH! You're my imaginary friend from when I was little! I remember now!" I smile.

"Really?" She smiles back, "Even my nick name?"

"Yeah. It was Endless." I grin.

She cackles a bit from our little inside joke and we both start laughing. I accidentally hit my head against her, causing us to laugh even more. Then I realize something. "Wait a minute, aren't you just, you know, imaginary? Only in my head?"

"Well, no. I can make only certain people see me." She says. 'Your pretty much the only one I let see me.'

"Oh yeah. Forgot about that. Sorry." I smile.

"It's ok." She says. 'Not like I mind with you.'

"Did I tell you..?" I start.

"Yes." She says, "You told me about your powers when you were little. I remember you freaking out about it too."

"Well, I was ten!" Is my only argument, "I didn't know how to feel about it!"

"Yeah." She giggles.

"Oh shut it." I fake pout before smiling and laughing.

I lay back, starting to recall my past childhood. Then I immediately regret thinking back, because I can't help remembering what happened after.

"What's wrong?" Death asks.

"It's nothing." I say, trying to shake the memory.

"You're thinning about that Christmas you.." She starts.

"I don't want to talk about it." I say, pulling a blanket over me from the couch.

It's hard to believe that it's coming up on three years since that cold Christmas in New York. I was thirteen, young, and in a military uniform. World War Three had been raging all around the U.S. for about three months. I was put into a squad of men that had the same powers as me. We were the most elite squad in the Army. We were the Ghosts.