Chapter 28 Recovery

Hey guys! Author back again.

I am lazy and haven't been writing a lot. I'm getting tired of myself not doing things so I'm doing it now. So yeah.

Anyway, back to the story.

Last time we went on a date with Cassie and it was cheesy but nice.

So, without further adieu, let's get to it!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Y/n POV...

I walk down the busy street of Gotham with Evie. We are on our way to the store because I need to grab some stuff for the apartment. We wander into a local grocery store and start grabbing things.

"So, what else do we need?" Evie asks.

"Well, I have what I'm going to make for lunch the next few days, I have body wash, shampoo, and some cereal. So, I think I'm set for a while." I look over at her.

She smiles and leans over to kiss my cheek. I lightly put an arm around her waist and pull her close for a short hug. We walk over to the check-out and wait in line for our turn.

"So, have you heard from Andrew recently?" She asks.

"Well.." I pause shortly. "He's been better, that's for sure."

"What's wrong?"

"The stab wound nicked his spinal cord and one of the vital veins, causing a lot of internal bleeding. If it weren't for Sarge, he would have been dead where he was." I look at the ground. "But..."

"But what?" Evie asks after a short pause.

"Now the Doc is saying the damage to the spinal cord was more than he initially thought. Worst-case scenario, Andrew is paralyzed from the waist down."

"And at best?" She asks hopefully.

"He'll be able to move again, but it will be a long road to recovery." I look over to her.

She nods and wraps her arms around me. I pull her close once again and lightly press my lips against her forehead. We eventually get through the line and head for the apartment. We could have just used my powers to get back faster, but I wanted to walk. I take out my phone and start to play some songs. I start out with West Coast by Imagine Dragons.

I hum along to it as we stroll down the streets, hand in hand. It's been relatively peaceful lately. After the incident with Andrew, not much has happened.

If only the world could just stay like this. No having to worry about the next villain will show up, no having to stay on a constant state of alert. To sound cliche, I just wish the world could be at peace. I know it's a dream that seems impossible, but hey, a guy can have his dreams right?

As we approach the door to the apartment, I see that it is slightly ajar. Evie looks at me and I nod. I make my pistol appear in my hand and Evie gets ready to cover the room in mist as cover. I put a hand on the doorknob and look at Evie. She nods and I throw open the door. I swing around the corner and sweep my eyes across the room.

My eyes land on Doc standing in the middle of the room. I let out a sigh and lower my pistol before making it disappear.

"Jeez Doc, ya scared me," I say walking into the room. "What do ya need?"

"It's about the ghost we captured. She's come to and Sarge wants you to lead the questioning," he states.

"Do I have to right now?" I ask, setting the grocery bags on the counter.