Chapter 25 Ghost

Hey guys! Author here!

Gettin' back to the system! Writing more of this. Hope you guys are still enjoying this. I keep trying to add twists and the characters I haven't put in yet.

So, anyway, recap.

You got to hang out with Evie and learn about a friend from your past. After recalling how you watched him die and buried him, you got some more info on what troubled him. Not much, but some. Then Gab told you to meet him somewhere and you found the very same guy that you buried.

That is the recap. So, without further adieu, let's get to it!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Y/n POV

How? How was he alive? He died right in front of me. I buried him while all of our friends cried. I lost my mind and went on a twenty minute kill spree out of rage because I couldn't help my closest friend. 

"How...?" Is all I can manage to say.

"Well, guess God wants me here for something. So, he allowed me to cheat death once again and come back from the grave." He says with a smile.

"But, I buried you." I say as tears roll down my cheeks. "I buried you as our friends wept and could do nothing!"

He steps closer and puts a hand on my shoulder. "I'm sorry man. I didn't know I had this power until I woke up on a hospital table. I had to go though with it to the end."

"No you didn't!" I ball my hands up into fists. "You could have told me! You could have said something to me!"

He looks down a bit, his baseball cap somewhat covering his eyes. "You know I couldn't do that. If I would have talked to you before, you would have had reason not to cry. People would be curious and try to find out why you didn't cry at your best friends funeral. I had to make them think I was dead."

I take a second to collect myself. It was all just a shock. He was dead. I carried his body off the battlefield. I carried his coffin and I lowered it into his grave. My best friend had been dead, but he was standing in front of me. He takes his hand off my shoulder and looks back into my eyes.

"You see. Don't cha?" He asks, very serious.

"Yeah.. I do." I say, calming down.

"Yeah.. I'm sorry dude." He says with a shrug.

"I heard... I heard you had some trouble with.. her before you left." I bring up.

He seems a little shocked that I remembered that. He bites his lower lip and makes a click with his tongue. He rubs the back of his neck and looks down. "So you heard that, huh?"

"Have you thought of going back? Going for what you want?"

"Well.." He looks up and the ceiling, "I want to.. but... I am dead to her... To everyone.. I can't go back."

"Who says so? You?" I step forward. 

He looks down and away.

"Come on man. You have to at least try."

He take a few seconds and just nods. "Right. I will. Eventually." 

"You better." I say pointing into his chest.

"Yeah. I will. I have to give it a shot." He says looking up for a bit. 

"Good." I take my hand back.

"Well, how ya been?" He looks at me.

"Been doing pretty well. What about you? In fact, what have you been doing?" I ask.