The Hunt

Jason Todd, the Red Hood, sat atop a familiar building in Gotham City. It was one of the few buildings that gave a view of the Wayne Manor, on the outskirts of Gotham. Jason looked at the several hundred foot drop below him. Tempting fate became a second nature after he was ressurected.

         He sighed and readjusted his guns in their holsters before pulling a Grayson and leapt off the building in a dramatic fashion.

☆☆☆

         The Wayne Manor was quiet that night. Batman had just gotten back from patrol and Alfred was upstairs with Timothy. Dick Grayson was in one corner of the Batcave practicing acrobatics or something else. He was merely visiting Bruce, they still had their disagreements.
He did cartwheels and flips quietly, then glided into the darkness out of habit. Batman sat at the Batcomputer ignoring Grayson and focused on where his current leads lead. He got up for a moment and went upstairs. 

         Dick Grayson just finished a spinny kick flip thing when a voice sent him to the floor. 

         "Hey there Dick, long time no see," a certain Jason Todd appeared from the shadows semi behind the computed and laughed at Dick's surprised expression, which was clear through his domino mask.

          Dick scoffed and picked himself up, glaring as Jason took off his hood and tossed it into his computer, right at Bruce's turned back. He had changed out of his 'suit' so now he was just normal billionaire Bruce Wayne, not Vigilante of Justice. 

         "Jason, what are you doing here?" His voice was level, probably hiding some deeper emotion- hopefully hiding some deeper emotion.

         Jason smiled and shook off his sweaty hair, sending droplets in every direction. "Came to see you Brucey, can't I stop in and say hello to my pops?"

         Bruce gave him the look and raised an eyebrow, "Should I even ask why you're really here?"

         Jason smiled sweetly at him, "Came to cook with Alfred. Something little Dickiebird can't do," he sauntered around and blew a kiss at Grayson. 

         Dick spat, "I'm going on patrol," then the Nightwing stalked off to his motorbike. 

         Bruce sighed and swatted Jason's Red Hood helmet off his keyboard. It hit the floor with a clang. Jason was still flouncing and would've made a fuss to Bruce about that when something caught his eye.

         His helmet was soon forgotten when he noticed the door which lead to the staircase had shifted slightly. He removed his mask in case it wasn't Alfred and somehow a civvie was that close to finding the Batcave. He glanced at Bruce to see him too invested in work to noticed, then he crept forward.

         Yellow light flooded from the doorway like the sun. He moved forward gently and pushed the door open all the way. At the foot of the stairs was a tiny boy. Well, relatively tiny. Tiny for his age. 

         He was a head shorted than Jason, had dark hair which hung in his eyes-and oh, his eyes were the most startling blue Jason had ever seen. Yeah, Dick had blue eyes, his were a more faded sky blue though. Bruce had blue eyes, but they were hard like cobalt.

         This kid's eyes were more memorable than Alexadra Daddario's. They were strikingly electric which melted into a soft darker colour around the rim. They shown with intelligence, but we're also glazed with exhaustion.

         He had bags under his eyes, a bruise on his cheek. The blue in his eyes popped even more because of the bloodshotness that accompanied. He was skinny, almost gaunt and looked like he could use a nap, or a full nights sleep... or hibernation.

         "You're Jason Todd-" Jason stopped listening after the shock over took him, but he was vaguely aware of this kid sprouting off a ton of facts and personal information that not even the police knew about Jason.

         Jason gapped at him, this kid smiled and held out a hand "Timothy Drake,"

         Jason didn't have a chance to shake his hand when Bruce appeared and ushered Timothy away. "Off to bed," he commanded firmly and Timothy rolled his eyes, but raced up the stairs.
Bruce then turned his attention to Jason, "I don't want you hurting him. He's -He's Robin now. It's not the same as when you were. He's safe. He's smart. He's a good kid."

         Jason turned to Bruce and shot him a look. Then he turned around and grabbed his helmet before disappearing through the same way he came.

         Bruce shut the door to the cave and let put a worried sigh.