Months

It had been months since Jason saved Timothy from the thugs and Batman has made sure the two boys paths hadn't crossed. It frustrated Jason, he wasn't gonna hurt the kid, why keep him from him.

         He remembered what it was like after he came back from the dead. After he started his killing spree. Bruce hunted him down. He wasn't happy that there was a new crime lord in Gotham. And he was even less happy when he found out it was Jason, his son, back from the dead.

         So he had killed a few people, they deserved it. Jason didn't see what the big deal was. And besides, he wasn't a gang leader anymore. He wasn't a threat to Timothy. 

         It had been months, and Jason was really starting to wonder how the kiddo was doing. Not to mention the fact that the kid still had some of his old clothes and one of his hoodies. But Batman had probably made him burn those. 

         Jason rolled his eyes and scoffed. Bruce wasn't as high and mighty as he seemed. And Jason's anger wasn't unjustified either. 

       He sighed and pushed off the wall he was leaning against. The city was full of the usual smog and noise. It was distant from this rooftop though. It was quieter here. 

       He was in his Red Hood uniform. He had business to attend to tonight. A duffle bag laid at his feet. The rooftop overlooked a warehouse which he knew a gang trade was about to happen. There was human trafficking going on and he was putting an end to it. 

       As he was waiting SUVs began to pull up. He knew they already had people inside, and the victims. A couple vans followed the SUVs. They were transporting them to sell. 

       He grabbed the duffle bag and walked over to the edge of the roof, quietly, not wanting to alert them to his presence yet. 

       A window was open. That was strange. Well, it was one of the warmer Gotham nights, so maybe not too strange. Voices floated out of the warehouse window. So, Jason crept closer. He could only pick up a few words. They were discussing Batman. 

       Jason used a grappling hook to get closer. He had a bad feeling about this. He hung, now just outside the window and he could finally clearly hear what they were saying. His bag was heavy but he ignored it.

       "You really don't think the Bat has caught on to us? I'm shocked he's not here yet. I'm sure he'll show up." One of the voices snarled. It was masculine and rough. 

       "Oh please, we'll handle him if he shows up. The extra hands tonight aren't just for the cargo, we'll be ready." This other voice was masculine and he also sounded like a dirt bag. 

       A third voice spoke. Jeez, how many of these guys were there, Jason thought. But what this guy said made him stiffen; "we'll handle Batman and his little Robin. That damn child should be taught a lesson. And hey, then we get one more piece of cargo for the shipment." His laugh made Jason's skin crawl and his body clenched with more anger then it could handle. 

       Nothing mattered. All his precautions went out the window. And with that, he swung through the window. 

       He landed in front of a table, dropping his bad next to him. He had two guns on his belt, resting at his hips. There were five guys around it. The all backed up, pulled out their weapons. 

       Jason's voice didn't sound like his own, "No one touches the bird, he's mine." It was menacing, one of the thugs even lowered his weapon in fear. 

       When no one said anything Jason snarled, "I said no one touches him. Got it?"

       Jason left the room quietly, stepping over a body on his way out, duffle swung over his shoulder. He was on the second floor of the warehouse and it overlooked the ground floor.

       There was a lot going on on the ground floor. People, being trafficked, tied up. So many goons, walking around with guns. Shouting at their victims making them split up and go to separate areas. It was awful. And huge. 

       This whole operation was bigger then any operation should ever get. How did Bruce let it get this bad?

       Jason wasn't sure he would be able to take them all out by himself. 

       Luckily he came heavily armed. He crouched at the railing, and unzipped the duffle bag. He brought a variety with him. A variety of grenades including flash bangs and smoke grenades, and a couple of each of them. Two extra hand guns, a rifle and a sub machine gun. And of course ammunition for each. 

       Jason would gladly mow them down, but he wasn't trying to kill all the innocent victims of this mess. If he could just get them all in one area- no, they would be bigger targets all grouped together like that. 

       A few moments passed. Two guys headed up the stairs leading to where Jason was. He waited- then surprised them when they got up the stairs. 

       It was easy to pick these guys off like this, but he knew it wouldn't be that easy, that bullets would fly and blood would shed. He just hoped tonight wouldn't hold innocent bloodshed. 

       Damn, meeting Babybird had turned him into a softy.

         The rafters! Jason could literally pick them off one by one and be provided with enough cover to not get hit in the process. He picked his duffel bag back up and went to the other side of the loft second story that he was on. Bless the Bat for giving him enough gymnastic skills to get up onto the rafters with ease. But, don't bless him for anything else. 

         Now on a rafter, he made his way across it slowly to get to a better vantage point. When he got to the middle he picked a sturdy cross beam to lay the duffel bag. 

         A noise near him made him lift his head and look around. The only bad part about the rafters is there was no light, and a lot of shadows...

         Only a tiny beam of moonlight from an old hole in the roof provided light to the dark space.
There was definitely movement. Jason grabbed the gun on his right hip. Hopefully it was just a bird who had made a nest or a rat or something. 

         His grip tightened on the gun at his side when the movement came to a halt. Right beneath the stream of light from the ceiling.

         He was right about it being a bird...

         A grinning Robin stared back at him. He looked really happy to see Jason. His smile grew wider when Jason put his gun away. 

         "Miss me?" When did this kid get so cocky?!
Jason laughed and smirked underneath the red hood, "Hey, Babybird. You here to help me take down some thugs and save some lives?"

         Tim closed his mouth but was still smiling, he nodded. Glancing down at the ground floor before, the smile vanished. He became solemn, determined, "yeah, let's do this Jaybird."

         Jaybird?!