The Fighting

Jason admitted he lost sight of the kid. He wasn't proud of it, but there was a lot going on in that warehouse. 

         When he finally saw his boy again he was impressed. That kid didn't need his help, he had improved drastically. He was armed with a bow staff, and extremely good with it. Thug after thug went down. 

         "Has Tim bulked up a bit?" Jason let himself get distracted by keeping at eye on Tim. The kid had went right down into the fray while Jason was snipping. When he lost track of Tim he lost focus and-

         BAM! A billet hit Jason's helmet.

***

         Robin heard a particularly loud bang and looked up to see Red Hood falling from the rafters. He wasn't moving. 

         Rob flung himself upwards with his bow staff and caught the older boy before he hit the ground. They both landed hard on the ground. Tim rolled from the impact. Jason groaned
He looked up and assessed the situation. There were only a couple guys left, thankfully, but Red Hood was still a little out of it. He pushed himself onto his hands and knees. 

         Tim got up, he pushed himself up and smacked the guy upside the head with his staff that had gotten too close to Jason. 

         The trafficking victims were all hiding, but most of the thugs were now focused on Robin and Red Hood. 

         Tim was surprised they hadn't gotten shot yet. But, then again, this was Gotham and all these people were sadists. One guy came at Tim and he was too slow to stop him. Tim got a face full of crowbar.

       Tim was thrown from the impact of the crowbar to his face. He landed face up a couple feet away, vaguely aware of the blood he could taste. 

       The small Robin laid there, staring at the ceiling, the battle forgotten. His limbs were splayed eagle style. Nothing was really in focus, he was hit to hard he couldn't see straight. 

       Afterwards, if you'd ask him, he would be able to tell you about the shouts and gun shots he heard, but in that moment he knew nothing.

       He was then aware of being pulled up by the arm, forcefully. Being pulled up made blood gush from his face and his head spin. He gripped whoever was holding him as tight as he could to keep from falling. 

       "Fuck" the person holding him muttered, swaying. Causing Tim to sway and hold him tighter. If Tim didn't have the World's Worst Headache and was able to form a coherent thought he would have laughed because he knew the person holding onto him was Jason. 

       It took the two of them to make it out of that warehouse. Tim didn't even bother looking at the ground too much. He didn't want to see the bodies of those last few guys. He wasn't curious what happened to the guy who hit him with the crowbar, all he knew if he suffered a terrible fate. 

       Tim remembered learning about Jason and then doing his own independent research. He remembered loving the Boy Wonder and feeling like the only person in the world who actually knew that Dick and Jason were different people and two people had been Robin. He remembered figuring out that the Second Robin had died...

       Then he remembered the night Bruce revealed to him that Jason had gotten beaten to death with a crowbar and then blow up in a warehouse by the Joker.
       Tim hadn't slept for a week.

***

       Jason held tight to Tim. Tim held tight to Jason. Jason was leading the way, them both stumbling slowly. Luckily, neither of them had suffered terrible injuries to their legs or torsos, just their heads. Jason figured he had a concussion from getting shot in the helmet. He didn't know how the younger boy in his arm was doing though. He was bleeding out of the face pretty bad.