The Safe-House

Timothy woke up in a big queen size bed and it took him a moment to get his bearings. After a moment he remembered he was in Red Hood's Safe House. The room he was in was a pretty good size for a crappy Gotham apartment. The bed was in the middle of the room against one wall. The wall across from him had a simple dresser, the whole thing was directly across from the bed Tim lay in. He sat up slightly, the blankets were so heavy though, oh, they must've been weighted blankets. So the notorious Jason Todd uses weighted blankets... interesting.

          Adjusting the second pillow on the bed behind his head to act as a prop, Tim was able to sit up better without straining himself. He looked around the room a bit more. To the right of the dresser was a door, he was pretty sure it led out into the hallway. On the left there was an adjacent door with a light on and he could see a mirror and bathroom sink. On both sides of the bed there was a nightstand, or an end table, whatever you call them. Next to the bathroom door was a closet, it didn't have any doors attached to it, they were leaning against the wall next to it, severely battered. The closet itself was a mess of clothes, half of them just laying on the floor. There were no decorations on the walls at all, the one across from Tim however was a faded orangey-red color with a couple dents in it. The rest of the walls were plain white, a few scuffs here and there. 

         There was a knock on the door that drew Tim's attention. 

         "Come in" he tried to say. No sound came out. He cleared his throat and tried again, "come in" his voice was weak from not being used, but it was still there.

         The door that lead to the hallway pushed open a moment later. It was Jason. Light streamed in behind his tall figure. It was too bright, Tim shielded his eyes with a hand, but then gasped, both his hands going to his rib cage in pain. 

         Jason entered the room, looking as if he wanted to help. He paused there at the foot of the bed. 

         Tim took a moment and just worked on his breathing, his small hands moving across his rib cage assessing the pain, gently pressing and figuring out where it hurt the most. Jason was silent during all of this. 

         After a moment Tim's hands quit moving, instead resting on top of himself, and his whole body just seemed to melt under the weight of the blankets, into the pillows. He made a small grunt from the depths of the pillows. He let his eyes flicker and close lightly. 

         Jason smirked at that, "you're finally awake." His voice sounded more rested than the last time Tim had heard it, not as deep from exhaustion. 

         Tim opened his eyes to look at him, "how long have I been out?" Now that he was less groggy, his own voice sounded more normal. It still sounded a bit strained, but it was more normal than it had been. 

         Jason paused to think, his eyes drifting upwards as he was thinking, his arms crossed, one lifted to his chin, "well I haven't been keeping track of specific hours and minutes like Batman would, because I'm not crazy, but like two days, give or take."

         Tim's eyes widened, "two days?! You didn't bother to wake me?! Batman is gonna kill me!"

         Jason's eyes narrowed, not in a malicious way, but more a... not entirely judgmental, but a little bit, and a little bit confused maybe, "kid, you needed the sleep. I'm not apologizing for letting you sleep in a bit."

         Tim looked at him more closely, from all the stories he had heard from Bruce and Dick, this was not what he was expecting from the notorious Jason Todd. He, Tim, shouldn't really be surprised though, People are always more complex then can be described on paper.